• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need a good holster for OC, and CC. - Gas station encounter.

Guest1650

imported post

the belt clips gave out today, and it wasnt even loaded. Too much carrying :p does anyone have anything?

By the way, OC'd to dairy queen, looks, but nothing said.

But i stopped for gas, and that's where it flipped from good OC day. to..ehh..

Guys comes out of the station (not a worker)

Guy - 'are you law enforcement?'

Me - 'No, sir. why do you ask?:p'

Guy - 'Bondsman?'

Me'No'

Guy' My wife would likeyou to put the gun away.she wont come out of the gas station untill you do. She's just a little touchy she's had her life threatened with one int he past'

Me ' I'm in a hurry, and ill be gone in a moment. But you do know this is perfectly legal,correct?'

Guy. - right, with a permit.

I took thethe next few secondsto explain to him, that Washington is an OC state, and even gave him my last copy of the WGR. pamphlet that i had. He seemed somewhat receptive. But still a little dickish.

Guy - hmm

Me - have a good day ,man.

as i get in my car. i take notice to the lady, (his wife) standing next to the glass doors, as i shut my door, she walks out. and doesnt even look at me. Gets in the car and they peel out, pissed off.

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

There's an old saying that I heard once: "People who are easily offended, usually are."

Theoretically, I was threatened by a guy wearing a red sweatshirt once, but that doesn't mean I have to freak out everytime I see a 49'ers jersey. Shrug it off, its good that you were able to inform someone, even if they didn't want to agree with you from the get-go.

spike89

imported post

Good thing you didn't have to go inside to pay, what the hell would she have done then? Cornered! No where to run! Aaaaghhhhh!!!!!

Edit to add: She was threatened with a gun once and is freaked out, i.e. she thinks she might get shot by going outside. So instead, she sends her husband out to possibly die by approaching the "terrorist/madman" and requesting he put his gun away.
:celebrate

Now thats love!

Guest1650

imported post

Haha, right?!

'Honey.. you know how i get around guns.. can you go disarm this man?.. I mean.. i know he looks clean cut.. but.. you never know.. and.. i mean.. if you die.. I love you, okay?... Hey, where is the life insurance policy??...'

400HP

imported post

If I were you, I would have:

1. Checked my tires

2. Check my fuses

3. Check my oil. See that I needed a quart....go buy one.

5. Check my coolant

100. Clean the back seat.

just_a_car

imported post

Phil, to answer your initial question, check out the Blackhawk Serpa CQC line of holsters; they come in matte black and carbon-fiber applique. I have the CF model for my G27 and use it for both OC (outside the waistband) and CC. I even CC in situations that would normally get you busted for "printing", as it is such a close fit due to the polymer molding.

It has both a tension screw and a locking lever that must be depressed by your trigger finger to unlock the trigger guard from the holster. No snaps or loops to get caught up on and it's cut in the front for quick muzzle-on-target draws. When depressing the locking lever, your finger is positioned on the frame of the pistol, exactly where it should be for the draw.

You didn't mention what make/model of pistol, so I can't check for you whether they have it in either matte or CF for you.

Edit: it comes with both belt loops and a paddle that attach via screws. It can be set to vertical, slight forward/back cant, or full forward/back cant by just changing the position of the screws, which allows it to change from strong-side draw to cross-draw.

TechnoWeenie

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
Phil, to answer your initial question, check out the Blackhawk Serpa CQC line of holsters; they come in matte black and carbon-fiber applique. I have the CF model for my G27 and use it for both OC (outside the waistband) and CC. I even CC in situations that would normally get you busted for "printing", as it is such a close fit due to the polymer molding.

It has both a tension screw and a locking lever that must be depressed by your trigger finger to unlock the trigger guard from the holster. No snaps or loops to get caught up on and it's cut in the front for quick muzzle-on-target draws. When depressing the locking lever, your finger is positioned on the frame of the pistol, exactly where it should be for the draw.

You didn't mention what make/model of pistol, so I can't check for you whether they have it in either matte or CF for you.

Edit: it comes with both belt loops and a paddle that attach via screws. It can be set to vertical, slight forward/back cant, or full forward/back cant by just changing the position of the screws, which allows it to change from strong-side draw to cross-draw.

HUGE +1

IMAG0007.jpg

IMAG0005.jpg

Guest1650

imported post

mine is the beretta 96 (40.Cal.) Model. i found the black hawk yesterday at a local sporting goods store. ill probably go snag it today

t3rmin

imported post

Hey, you're really doing it, Phil! Pavin' the way for the lawful exercise of rights in C-town! Way to go!

thewise1

imported post

It's unfortunate that people have such irrational fears, but you did the best thing in an imperfect situation. I wish I could get my wife to drop her irrational fear of the things - but at least she's adamant about being scared of them, but supporting our right to have them unconditionally.

Guest1650

imported post

Hey, thanks for the link. it looks like they have some good product!

however i just went and picked up one of the serpa blackhawk CarbonFiber's from ..sunbirds?.. 56.99.. price you pay to have a good holster, i suppose.. besides.. i see it last a while.

Anyways. as far as centralia goes.. I know the 'police policy' .. im waiting to get a gun drawn on me.. for..for what?.. obeying the law ;)

t3rmin

imported post

I like the "clowns" argument. I'm gonna use that one.

I'd also couple it with a racial argument ("It's legal to be black, but some people are racist and afraid of blacks, should we only allow whites in public?"), but obviously race isn't something you choose or change, which I'm sure they'd counter with.