• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCed at Conoco

Outsider

imported post

So, after I went shooting today to try out my new Springfield XD-40 4" Service model came home and made dinner for the wife. BUT we out of milk and nothing to drink with dinner. So I still had my gun strapped to my hip from shooting and decided, "Hey, I'll go get some milk and drinks." So off I went to the Conoco gas station down the street. I went in and just went to get some drinks and milk and went to the counter. The guy did his normal stuff, "Is that all for you?" "Yes," I said as I took out my credit card. "Credit or debit?" "Credit." I got the receipt and looked at it and had like "Vehicle ID/License Number." The guy said, "Oh, sorry." I signed, saying, "What you charge me for alcohol? Whole background check. BCI just did that too me." They laughed. The girl behind the counter seemed to be revealed that I said that. She didn't even make eye contact with me. I thanked them and left. They said something behind me and I'm sure it was about my gun on my right hip, but nothing more. So yeah, my first OC experience. Not bad, not bad. Next, Wal-Mart. :D

thx997303

imported post

Great stuff, there's a pamphlet that someone made that has the basic gunlaws in it, I know that it's somewhere on the site, I keep it with me all the time when i OC

GeneticsDave

imported post

thx997303 wrote:
Thank you Dave, I need to learn how to put links in my posts.
Just use these brackets [] and then put url=http://yoururlhere.com inside the first set then put the text you want to show up and then close with /url in another set of brackets like this:

Code:
[url=http://www.google.com/]Google Search Engine[/url]

Outsider

imported post

What the difference between an 18 year old owning a pistol and a 21 year old purchasing a firearm? Don't you have to purchase to own? Or could I (22) buy a gun and give it to someone 18 as a gift and transfer it over to them or something like that?

thx997303

imported post

I believe that would be considered a straw purchase, I think it really comes down to inheriting and things like that, there may be some gray area on the gift thing, like giving them a handgun you have owned for a while. But I am unsure on this.

Outsider

imported post

My buddy's dad owned several guns and then disappeared to Austrialia (who, I spelled that right!) and hasn't come back so he got his dad's 9mm. I believe that is considered inheriting, right? How do they get it transferred to him?

thx997303

imported post

Oh lord in heaven you know my brother! unless of course there are more people out there whose dad dissappeared into australia and left a 9mm. S&W of course model 5943 in 9mm with a CC holster. Yeah our brother in law has that gun right now. If he needs to know just tell him to ask his brother. I'll send you a pm.

Oh and the Model 10 I carry is one of those "inherited" firearms, along with a .222 rifle that was "inherited" and a nice tac shotgun, also "inherited" He just happened to leave enough guns that we all got one. Lovely that.

thx997303

imported post

Yeah I needed a link and the first thing I thought was Achmed the dead terrorist. Good news is that Outsiders buddy is my brother and he is interested in OC! Hope to get him to some OC meets.

Oh and I just thought of something, as far as transferring it into someone else's name, gun registration is not a requirement by law, so transferring a firearm needs no documentation unless it is a full automatic weapon manufactured before 1986.'

So he does not need to transfer it into his name

Outsider

imported post

My wife likes Peanut the most though "Jingle Bombs" is one of my new favorite Christmas songs.

"Then I got shot in the a$$ by the US Military." :D

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Outsider

imported post

thx997303 wrote:
Yeah I needed a link and the first thing I thought was Achmed the dead terrorist. Good news is that Outsiders buddy is my brother and he is interested in OC! Hope to get him to some OC meets.

Oh and I just thought of something, as far as transferring it into someone else's name, gun registration is not a requirement by law, so transferring a firearm needs no documentation unless it is a full automatic weapon manufactured before 1986.'

So he does not need to transfer it into his name
Well that is good to know for your brother. Don't give him anymore goff about it. :p

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

Outsider wrote:
What the difference between an 18 year old owning a pistol and a 21 year old purchasing a firearm? Don't you have to purchase to own? Or could I (22) buy a gun and give it to someone 18 as a gift and transfer it over to them or something like that?
To purchase a new firearm from a dealer, non handgun, you need to be 18. To purchase a new handgun from a dealer, you need to be 21. In the state of Utah, to purchase any firearm privately, like through KSL, you need to be 18, unless accompanied my a parent.

[font="Arial,Helvetica"] 76-10-509.9. Sales of firearms to juveniles.
(1) A person may not sell any firearm to a minor under 18 years of age unless the minor is accompanied by a parent or guardian.
(2) Any person who violates this section is guilty of a third degree felony. [/font]