• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry in Las Animas/ La Junta

libertyrules

imported post

I've been carrying concealed since Jan 1. in Las Animas/La Junta. It got so hot last week that I couldn't bear to wear concealing shirts, so I just began open carrying all around both towns, without any incident whatsoever - Walmart, Big R, MacDonalds, etc. I noticed two effects: 1) my level of situational awareness, usually fairly keen anyway, went up a klik, and 2) a wall didn't fall on me. A couple of my friends asked, " Is that a real gun?" I didn't go into a spiel about Bill of Rights, or anything. I just said: "Yeah", and let it go at that.

Evil Ernie

imported post

Welcome to the forums Liberty!!!

Amazing how the sky doesn't fall when OCing isn't it? In fact, I find it downright liberating!!!

I do both OC and CC (with permit of course). Some days I enjoy the questions and the chance to educate, other days, I just want to get my errands done and be left alone. Having the choice to do both (with the exception of Denver Co) is awesome!!!

libertyrules

imported post

Thanks for the welcome, Evil Ernie...I've been reading posts on this forum for awhile now, but never had OC'd until last week. The sheriff here in Bent County was great about the CCW, too.

I guess I am probably more comfortable carrying concealed, but then I have lived in NYC and NJ for the past 4 decades...still, OC'ing has a nice feel to it. Glad to be in a state which "shall issue", and allows OC. In fact it was one of the reasons I moved here last summer.

Evil Ernie

imported post

Hey! Another NE'er!!! Born in NJ and raised in NJ/PA. Originally from Somerset and Hunterdon Counties. Worked in Manhattan before Directv bought out our company and moved us to Colorado four years ago. Where from in PRNJ are ya from?

libertyrules

imported post

I lived in Jersey City 9 years, before that Manhattan, Bklyn, Queens for 30 years. But I was born in New Orleans. Glad to be in CO. Hope to get further west this summer for a walkabout.

denwego

imported post

I just moved to Virginia from Boulder, CO, and I can tell you that just about everywhere in Colorado is great for OC. Even up in the People's Republic, OC doesn't get much of a reaction from anyone. I hope you enjoy all the fruits of liberty in a state that respects it!

Anubis

imported post

denwego wrote:
I just moved to Virginia from Boulder, CO, and I can tell you that just about everywhere in Colorado is great for OC. Even up in the People's Republic, OC doesn't get much of a reaction from anyone. I hope you enjoy all the fruits of liberty in a state that respects it!
Good to see you completed the move. By the way, you never did update your LA Times Interview thread with a post-interview report. Please provide details!