• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Boise ND

Eagleeye

imported post

http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/stories/ktvbn-may2208-rude_awakening.1ab9623a.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[size="+2"] Woman hit by bullet from neighbor cleaning gun[/size] [size="-1"]12:52 PM MDT on Thursday, May 22, 2008[/size] [size="-1"]KTVB.COM[/size]
var jsVideoWidgetSize = 1; var jsVideoWidgetVideoId = 247873;
may2208-accidentalshooting_14_6711-t240.jpg

controller_240_flash_ready.gif
video-icon.gif
Neighbor describes what happened BOISE - It was the definition of a rude awakening for a Boise woman Thursday.
At around 8:30 a.m., a man was cleaning his .45 caliber handgun at an apartment complex on Hale Street in southeast Boise when it fired. The bullet left the gun, went through a wall and hit a woman in the apartment next door in the leg.
The woman stumbled out of bed and went downstairs to borrow a neighbor's phone to call 911.
Emergency crews responded on scene and took the woman to a Boise hospital, where she was treated and released.
Officers are questioning the man who was cleaning his gun, but initial indications show the incident was accidental.
No arrests have been made, but the investigation is continuing.
"Firearms need to be handled carefully, no matter the location or the reason," said Boise Police Sgt. Rod Likes. "Fortunately the victim does not have life threatening injuries, but intentional or not, when guns go off, they often hurt people, or worse. No one wants to be the one injured or the one responsible."
Once the investigation is complete, detectives will turn over their report to the Ada County prosecutor for review.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I Feel sorry for both partys involved.

Farlo

imported post

Wait what???

Pick up weapon, point safe direction, check chamber. EVERY time you pick up a weapon. No exceptions. Period.

Tell me I'm not the only one who was taught that by my dad at a very early age.