• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

If you joined this forum after January 2008 poll

How did you find this forum

• Washington Gun Rights pamphlet alone

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington Gun Rights pamphlet, but saw it elsewhere

• Another gun forum

• Another non-gun forum

• Word of mouth

• Sergeant, at shift-briefing, said to check it out

• Other - post something overlooked. It can be added and you can change your vote.

• Newspaper or other media coverage of Folklife shooting

• Total voters

Gene Beasley

imported post

It appears that distribution of the WGR's began somewhere around the beginning of 2008 and really picked up steam with the printing headed by surfj9009. Only vote if you joined after January 1, 2008.

I think I heard about it on THR, but don't remember coming here until Lonnie contacted me about something I authored on Wikipedia. I won't be voting - but we seem to have an influx of several new faces. I'm curious how much has to do with the WGR pamphlets.

Poll expires 12/31/2008

just_a_car

imported post

Other: I was looking at packing.org and had noticed it had died for a while (had watched it for years) and then decided that I needed to find some more relevant and up-to-date information on CC in WA. I did a seach and found OCDO in either a forum (I think gunandgame.com, where I've been a member a long time) or on google.

Edit: Oops, sorry, didn't see the "after January 2008" part. *shame* Ignore one of those "other" votes.

surfj9009

imported post

maybe we should all start a thread on our other forums discussing OC, providing a copy of the PDF pamphlet, and a friendly invitation to come visit us here if they find the topic interesting. I have been meaning to start the conversation in the WA section of AR15.com but I don't have much time these days for the Internet.

t3rmin

imported post

Does everybody at TheHighRoad.org know about OCDO?

I'm fairly new to both so I'd hate to post something that's already obvious to them...

bobmagoo

imported post

I found it by searching for more information about the Empty Holster Protest on the UW campus. I'm using it to rally more support for my speech NEXT THURSDAY(6/5) advocating firearms be allowed on campus. More info at http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/11067.html
I need all the pro carry representation I can get.

surfj9009

imported post

I would say the pamphlet distribution started more or less in March and we printed the first community run in April.

SpyderTattoo

imported post

I wast at the last WAC gunshow in Puyallup, and I never saw anyone handing out these pamphlets. I have only seen the pamphlet on this forum when someone posted it here. I would like to know how to get some. How much do they cost. Maybe I could save the pdf file of the pamphlet onto my thumbdrive and take it to Staples or Office Depot, and have them extract and make coppies for me. This seems like it would be very expensive.

gsx1138

imported post

Actually learned about this place on xdtalk.com

Honestly, I was just morbidly curious because I thought you guys were just gun nuts. Now that I've OC'd a couple of times I realize how much more comfortable it is and it just feels better.

Trigger Dr

imported post

Spydertattoo,

I also was at the last WAC gunshow, and had this sign on my TABLE near the end of row 7. I was not "passing out" the pamphlets, but had them lying on my table next to the sign.

I will be there again on the 28th and 29th of June. I do not know where my table will be, but look for the sign. I will give you some pamphlets.

If you cannot find my table, go to the front entrance and asl Arlain where my table is located. use my name.

Jim Milner

Attachments

• OCSIGN 002.jpg
    OCSIGN 002.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 244

joeroket

imported post

SpyderTattoo wrote:
I wast at the last WAC gunshow in Puyallup, and I never saw anyone handing out these pamphlets. I have only seen the pamphlet on this forum when someone posted it here. I would like to know how to get some. How much do they cost. Maybe I could save the pdf file of the pamphlet onto my thumbdrive and take it to Staples or Office Depot, and have them extract and make coppies for me. This seems like it would be very expensive.
Here is the link to the file SpyderTattoo.

http://forum.nwcdl.org/index.php?action=downloads;sa=downfile;id=14

SpyderTattoo

imported post

Thanks Trigger Dr, I'll definately be at the next show and will be looking for your table. At the time of the last WAC show, I was not aware of this forum, so I wasn't specifically looking for the pamphlets or anyone handing them out. You can bet I'll be looking next time.