• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Centralia OC 23/08

Guest1650

imported post

Woke up this morning at like 6 am.. Nothing unusual. But i needed to go get a new holster for my beretta 96. Went down to sunbirds, and grabbed a blackhawk.CF. for just about 60$.

from there. I open carried . Had to stop at home to see my girlfriend off to work, on my way to olympia.

Stopped off to get gas at arco/AMPM. and I didnt think anyone was noticing. But then, a jeep pulled up. had about 3 people in it. and the driver gets out to pump gas. But then leans his head back into the car. just then the rear passenger, (female) notices my strong side. and points it out to the driver (gas pumper man) I see him take notice, along with the other female that had already gotten out of the pass . seat in the front. Nothing is said. But jaws dropped.

Then im driving, i hit around .. exit 89.. and had to piss so bad! (damn vitiman water) i get out at the rest stop. and go to do my business. I'm in the bathroom washing my hands. as a nother gentleman walks in to do the same Approx 60.Y.O. he cant figure out how to work the automatic hand sensor for the faucet.. so i show him how.. But as im drying my hands, he looks down. ( i see him in the reflection of the dryer button) and literally RUNS out of the bathroom, wide eyed. If i hadnt had seen him ,-See IT. i would have thought he was a magician, and just poofed away.

I think, whatever. go back out to my car, and head off to OLY. I know from reading previous posts, that OC is greatly more accepted there than it is in centralia, i go to the dodge dealership, got some looks when i got out, and to my surprize, Noone wanted to help me look at cars:p But as i'm leaving. one guy asks me if im interested in trading in my firebird, i reply with a 'HELL NO, I like my9 MPG!!'

anyways. get back off the freeway , into centralia, Gas station again.. and nothing..

all in all, a pretty un eventful day. and .. that's just the way i like it.

:D

t3rmin

imported post

Gas station twice? That hurts!

What kind of Firebird do you have? I had a '76 Camaro w/ 350 in high school. Good times.

Guest1650

imported post

it's the only orange and black one cruising around here lol.. too much attention. but it looks alright. V8 350 LT1. yeaahh.. i usually only drop in ten dollars worth a day.

Hey, i noticed you said you have a CC pistol, and an OC.. what is your CC?

OH yeah..lol. it's a 3rd Gen.

t3rmin

imported post

You have to promise not to berate... ;-)

1) I'm new to guns.

2) I'm cheap.

CC is Kel-Tec P-11. Actually I make no excuses for this one. It's a darn fine piece for its intended use. Can't beat 12+1 9mm in an package you can conceal under a t-shirt. And it's not nearly so bad at the range as some people say. I can hit a man-sized target at typical encounter ranges just fine. I love it.

What I would OC is... ready? A Hi-Point C-9. I got it for cheap from a friend. It goes bang when I pull the trigger, and it's quite accurate. It's also heavy and bulky for a single-stack "compact", and ugly. However, it's got a world-class, no-questions-asked warranty which I'm taking advantage of right now. I like it.

Guest1650

imported post

Ive seen those little 9mm's at star exchange, i didnt examine it. but it looked like a hell of a good deal. and the c-9, I personally own one. Althought it's locked up, and i cant find the key to the box, i still like it, nonethe less.

But, i don't usually like to carry anything under a 40, as far as take down power goes. I would still cc, or oc a good 9mm any day of the week.

when will you get your hi-point back ?

t3rmin

imported post

Star Exchange has a decent price on those P-11's. I didn't get mine there, but I would have, had I not found a FTF deal. They also have the "Sccy" knockoffs, which I handled and didn't like, even though the price is *higher*.

Well my Hi-Point arrived at Hi-Point last week, so I expect another week or two. I had a whole laundry list of problems (the gun has been around the block a few times), and I've heard what they typically do is just send you a new one. :celebrate

Guest1650

imported post

Yeah, I've heard the same thing. Fortunatly i don't use mine too often, But i had a buddy take his overseas with him.. although he had the 45. But he shot that thing in sandstorms, and dropped it in numerous puddles of.. whatever.. still fired the day before he came back, but.. of course do to G.C. Regs. he wasnt able to bring it back with him.

As soon as you get it back, let's go out to lunch. Unless you have time sooner, with the CC?