Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OC Dinner

Post imported post

I'm brand new on this board although I've been browsing it near daily at work. I have been OCing for about a year since I've moved from Massachusetts. I'd like to see if anyone would be interested in having an OC dinner in Arlington, possibly around the Clarendon area. I'd like to meet some OCer's from around here and share stories. I've been stopped on two seperate occasions myself by metro police. I also wanted to organize an OC walk in arlington as well. I know about 8-9 people that are willing to do it out of my personal friends, but with you guys the possibilities are endless. I've mostly seen OC dinners and events in Fairfax, and I think Arlington might be a good change of scenery.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

All I can say from a coordinator standpoint is evite.com is the best way to go (for me). You create an invite.. select the LINK option and post the link. Then people can RSVP and get updates if you change the loaction and or time and their privacy is secured

Ed
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

You name the date, time and place and I'll be there.

A word of advice: pick a date and time and place and stick to it. Trying to make those types of decisions democratically will mean your dinner never happens.

Post imported post

Make it on a weekend or post-rush hour (7PM or so) during the week and I'll be there.

Post imported post

Hey brother,I would be glad to come to any dinner that you invite us to.Name the time and place I will be there.Welcome to the site I am sure you will make some new friends.Keep us informed and we will see you there.

Post imported post

I'm there.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Strong possibility my family and I will be there, depending on exactly what date/time you choose.

Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

Member Ed had organised a dine-out with OC'ers in Leesburg.

You should look him up for any help , and as far as dine-out in Arlington ....I'm there

Post imported post

You should look him up for any help , and as far as dine-out in Arlington ....I'm there

Post imported post

Post imported post

ama-gi wrote:
    You name the date, time and place and I'll be there.

A word of advice: pick a date and time and place and stick to it. Trying to make those types of decisions democratically will mean your dinner never happens.
    Great advice.

And if you don't get the turnout or attendees you expected, well, you'll just have to host another one.

Post imported post

Give me a few more months. My tour in Kuwait ends this summer and I'll be at my new DC-based job in late September. I actually hope to live in the Clarendon area.

How did your encounters go with Arlington's finest? Did they get the memo that OC is not prohibited in the commonwealth, including Arlington?

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

My wife and I escaped Arlington in 1998 after having lived there for 24 years. It has turned into a cesspool which is so unfortunate for the few good people left in that county. That and the corruption that goes on in their government.

And Falls Church is worse. I grew up in the actual city of Falls Church. What a shame because there was a time when it was a nice place to live (we used to affectionately call it "Falls Gulch"). The close in areas have gone the way of the multiculturalistic/liberal mindset. Had on a native (as in born here) American.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

so.. um.. when is it?
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

I will set the tentative date as Tuesday, June 10th at 7pm at Whitlow's on Wilson at 7pm. Whitlow's is located at 2854 Wilson Blvd, Arlington VA. It is a quick 2 minute walk from the Clarendon Metro. For driving directions you may use this site: http://www.whitlows.com/directions.asp

Let me have some input on this if the location may not be good or if there is a better time, until I hear an overwhelming disagreement with the info posted, whitlow's it is at 7pm.

I have never put together an event like this so please give me advise if you have it. I hope this to be the first of many...thanks

Post imported post

Here is the Evite.com invite. please RSVP so I know how much space I need to reseve.
    http://www.evite.com/app/publicUrl/V...ingtonOCdinner

Post imported post

Just responded.

I'll be there, it's usually a college crowd, never been there when school is out.

Post imported post

It has come to my attentiopn that the Tuesday is the night of primaries here in VA. I have mitigated this problem by changing the date to the following night of Wednesday June 11th. The Location and Time have remained the same. Very sorry for the inconvenience.

Post imported post

son of a. ..... I have class that night. Well, Ill catch the next one. Seems to be what I say everytime. School just keeps getting in my way.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

Just wondering if anyone has ever OC'd at Whitlows? Just my opinion but anyplace with doormen is not likely to welcome OCers, but you never know until you try.

Post imported post

Hey guys., I've been lurking on the board for about a month and live in Arlington. Been OC'ing for about the same amount of time.

Just wondering if anyone has ever OC'd at Whitlows? Just my opinion but anyplace with doormen is not likely to welcome OCers, but you never know until you try.
    I have OC'd there twice. I work right around the corner so it's one of the places we all go to lunch. Haven't had any problems.

Post imported post

I've OC'ed at Whitlows, however only during the lunch hour. My boss has OC'd there during an evening cocktail hour around 7ish

longwatch wrote:

Post imported post

It's Arlington. There are LOTS of options, so if one refuses us service, we'll eat somewhere else, copy the receipts and give one to each restaurant that turns us away. It'll take no time at all

I just signed up on the Evite!

Post imported post

...As long as there are no signs posted stating that you are not allowed to "OC" or "CC" of any weapon(s) kind then you are okay...!!!!!

Remember the amendments...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't see a sign posted then the company itself is in violation of letting the natural public know of their intentions.........................

Which means they are at fault...for "failure to notice"......

You could actually take them to court for this....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When able to communicate do so...if failed .....then game over pretty much...!!!!!!!!

Post imported post

Do you think that I should tell them to hold some spots for us? I've held off so far under the premise not to give someone a chance to say "no".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast