• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Dinner

RonnieRaygun04

imported post

Hey guys., I've been lurking on the board for about a month and live in Arlington. Been OC'ing for about the same amount of time.

Just wondering if anyone has ever OC'd at Whitlows? Just my opinion but anyplace with doormen is not likely to welcome OCers, but you never know until you try.
I have OC'd there twice. I work right around the corner so it's one of the places we all go to lunch. Haven't had any problems.

sectorsight

imported post

I've OC'ed at Whitlows, however only during the lunch hour. My boss has OC'd there during an evening cocktail hour around 7ish

longwatch wrote:
Just wondering if anyone has ever OC'd at Whitlows? Just my opinion but anyplace with doormen is not likely to welcome OCers, but you never know until you try.

ufcfanvt

imported post

It's Arlington. There are LOTS of options, so if one refuses us service, we'll eat somewhere else, copy the receipts and give one to each restaurant that turns us away. It'll take no time at all ;)

I just signed up on the Evite!

marine2000

imported post

...As long as there are no signs posted stating that you are not allowed to "OC" or "CC" of any weapon(s) kind then you are okay...!!!!!

Remember the amendments...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't see a sign posted then the company itself is in violation of letting the natural public know of their intentions.........................

Which means they are at fault...for "failure to notice"......

You could actually take them to court for this....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When able to communicate do so...if failed .....then game over pretty much...!!!!!!!!

sectorsight

imported post

Do you think that I should tell them to hold some spots for us? I've held off so far under the premise not to give someone a chance to say "no".

sectorsight

imported post

Just reminding everyone that the Arlington OC dinner is tomorrow. I would appreciate your company.
/shameless plug

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

sectorsight wrote:
Hope so Ed, I heard you were the go to guy on this.
I am so NOT the guy... I just like to meet others that have a like interest.. share stories and LEARN from others or let others learn from me.. If my doctor knew I ate out this much he would put an end to it right away.:banghead:

Harper1227

imported post

Hubby and I are there + baby. Our buddy Brian is planning on joining in too, for his first OC experience!!!:celebrate

sectorsight

imported post

Thanks guys, I have 4 people coming who are not on this board. btw, is that what a unicorn is?

sectorsight

imported post

COuld be my fault, I was keeping this as my little secret...but out of goodwill, we'll let them know. But back to the original question, are these people "unicorns"? Is that the right term?

Harper1227

imported post

I dont know about the unicorn thing, sorry.

Has anyone seen the reservation policy for whitlows, just noticed now when i was checking out the site for directions.

RESERVATIONS
> Groups of 8 or more
> 75% of party must be here at
reservation time
> 75% of party must be eating dinner
> We will hold the table for 10 minutes
> Credit Card # is REQUIRED to make
a reservation

> 18% gratuity will be added to the
check
> One check for the entire group
> No Reservations on Mondays,
Sat/Sun Brunch
> No Reservations on Thursday, Friday
or Saturday after 7:00pm
> "NO SHOWS" will be charged $50.00

emphasis mine...

but doesnt that seem a little extreme. i havent been to this place before but is it usually packed? i dont know, seems a little overboard for a pub style place. Plus its a pain when you have a lot of people to get one check. F-it, i'll stop at the bank on the way!

are we having more than 8? Sectorsight, i think you'd said you'd been there before, right? did you make reservations? does it even really matter. just curious, we're coming either way, the whole thing just struck me as odd.

anyway, it seems i am rambling now as a way to avoid working for this last hour. i should go.

see you guys tonight

Harper

sectorsight

imported post

Harper1227 wrote:
I dont know about the unicorn thing, sorry.

Has anyone seen the reservation policy for whitlows, just noticed now when i was checking out the site for directions.

RESERVATIONS
> Groups of 8 or more
> 75% of party must be here at
reservation time
> 75% of party must be eating dinner
> We will hold the table for 10 minutes
> Credit Card # is REQUIRED to make
a reservation

> 18% gratuity will be added to the
check
> One check for the entire group
> No Reservations on Mondays,
Sat/Sun Brunch
> No Reservations on Thursday, Friday
or Saturday after 7:00pm
> "NO SHOWS" will be charged $50.00

emphasis mine...

but doesnt that seem a little extreme. i havent been to this place before but is it usually packed? i dont know, seems a little overboard for a pub style place. Plus its a pain when you have a lot of people to get one check. F-it, i'll stop at the bank on the way!

are we having more than 8? Sectorsight, i think you'd said you'd been there before, right? did you make reservations? does it even really matter. just curious, we're coming either way, the whole thing just struck me as odd.

anyway, it seems i am rambling now as a way to avoid working for this last hour. i should go.

see you guys tonight

Harper
Good looking out Harper,
Just for the hell of it, I just made a reservation for a dozen, they will accomidate us if need be (and I hope need be). If you could grab cash at the atm before dinner that would be great. There is an atm at the resteraunt if not pulling over to go to an atm is worth $2.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

sectorsight wrote:
COuld be my fault, I was keeping this as my little secret...but out of goodwill, we'll let them know. But back to the original question, are these people "unicorns"? Is that the right term?
A unicorn in context of this board is generally considered someone you spot open carrying but who doesn't frequent the OCDO forums. They're generally only seen alone (I wonder what a group of unicorns is -- a herd?) and often are so fleetingly seen that one can't strike up a conversation.