• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Dinner

sectorsight

imported post

I'm brand new on this board although I've been browsing it near daily at work. I have been OCing for about a year since I've moved from Massachusetts. I'd like to see if anyone would be interested in having an OC dinner in Arlington, possibly around the Clarendon area. I'd like to meet some OCer's from around here and share stories. I've been stopped on two seperate occasions myself by metro police. I also wanted to organize an OC walk in arlington as well. I know about 8-9 people that are willing to do it out of my personal friends, but with you guys the possibilities are endless. I've mostly seen OC dinners and events in Fairfax, and I think Arlington might be a good change of scenery.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

All I can say from a coordinator standpoint is evite.com is the best way to go (for me). You create an invite.. select the LINK option and post the link. Then people can RSVP and get updates if you change the loaction and or time and their privacy is secured

Ed

sjhipple

imported post

You name the date, time and place and I'll be there.

A word of advice: pick a date and time and place and stick to it. Trying to make those types of decisions democratically will mean your dinner never happens.

Tac-Man

imported post

Hey brother,I would be glad to come to any dinner that you invite us to.Name the time and place I will be there.Welcome to the site I am sure you will make some new friends.Keep us informed and we will see you there.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Strong possibility my family and I will be there, depending on exactly what date/time you choose.

Glock27Bill

imported post

ama-gi wrote:
You name the date, time and place and I'll be there.

A word of advice: pick a date and time and place and stick to it. Trying to make those types of decisions democratically will mean your dinner never happens.

Great advice.

And if you don't get the turnout or attendees you expected, well, you'll just have to host another one.;)

XD Owner

imported post

Give me a few more months. My tour in Kuwait ends this summer and I'll be at my new DC-based job in late September. I actually hope to live in the Clarendon area.

How did your encounters go with Arlington's finest? Did they get the memo that OC is not prohibited in the commonwealth, including Arlington?

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

My wife and I escaped Arlington in 1998 after having lived there for 24 years. It has turned into a cesspool which is so unfortunate for the few good people left in that county. That and the corruption that goes on in their government.

And Falls Church is worse. I grew up in the actual city of Falls Church. What a shame because there was a time when it was a nice place to live (we used to affectionately call it "Falls Gulch"). The close in areas have gone the way of the multiculturalistic/liberal mindset. Had on a native (as in born here) American.

sectorsight

imported post

I will set the tentative date as Tuesday, June 10th at 7pm at Whitlow's on Wilson at 7pm. Whitlow's is located at 2854 Wilson Blvd, Arlington VA. It is a quick 2 minute walk from the Clarendon Metro. For driving directions you may use this site: http://www.whitlows.com/directions.asp

Let me have some input on this if the location may not be good or if there is a better time, until I hear an overwhelming disagreement with the info posted, whitlow's it is at 7pm.

I have never put together an event like this so please give me advise if you have it. I hope this to be the first of many...thanks

sectorsight

imported post

It has come to my attentiopn that the Tuesday is the night of primaries here in VA. I have mitigated this problem by changing the date to the following night of Wednesday June 11th. The Location and Time have remained the same. Very sorry for the inconvenience.

Scheetz

imported post

son of a. ..... I have class that night. Well, Ill catch the next one. Seems to be what I say everytime. School just keeps getting in my way. :banghead:

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Just wondering if anyone has ever OC'd at Whitlows? Just my opinion but anyplace with doormen is not likely to welcome OCers, but you never know until you try.