• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VA - Store customer foiled a robbery

LEO 229

imported post

Sheriff wrote:
asforme wrote:
Personally I think the law is unconstitutional and should be overturned.
I am sure bank robbers would agree with you 100%.

A mask would be much more comfortable than panty hose. :lol:
As an adult I have always found the need to cover my face while on the property of another.

Even more-so when I am on a date and it is not my wife. Never know who you will run into. :lol:

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Sheriff wrote:
asforme wrote:
Personally I think the law is unconstitutional and should be overturned.
I am sure bank robbers would agree with you 100%.

A mask would be much more comfortable than panty hose. :lol:
What anti-mask law has prevented a masked person from robbing a bank? That statement is more absurd than the anti-gun arguments. Besides, nothing stops a bank from declaring itself a "mask free zone". But you don't have any necessity to see my face just because I'm walking down a public street.

Edit: I guess the smiley means sarcasm... I hope.

Sheriff

imported post

asforme wrote:
But you don't have any necessity to see my face just because I'm walking down a public street.

This is one point you and I will never agree on.

Obviously, the lawmakers in Virginia agree with me.

CRF250rider1000

imported post

So wearing a ski mask around in the winter to protect your face from the cold is illegal basically? What about at a ski resort? How about someone just walking around with a hoody on because it is cold as balls out. I was at MSU last year so trust me I had my face covered a lot in the winter:lol:

northofnowhere

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Wearing the hijab is a muslim tradition for women. It is part of thier religious doctrine. One can be American, a real patriot, and still be devout to thier religion wether it be Christianity, athism, Budda, or Islamic in nature.

Sherriff, your racism is showing through. It's quit disgusting.

**edited for a typo, excuse the fat fingers**

protector84

imported post

Pointman wrote:
Perhaps Muslim women can just put a bag over their head.

I could say the same about the Jews who are running Hollywood filling the public's mind with anti-gun messages. At least Muslims tend to be pro-gun from what I've come across.

MetalChris

imported post

northofnowhere wrote:
Wearing the hijab is a muslim tradition for women. It is part of thier religious doctrine. One can be American, a real patriot, and still be devout to thier religion wether it be Christianity, athism, Budda, or Islamic in nature.

Sherriff, your racism is showing through. It's quit disgusting.

Islam is an inherently violent religion.

And I failed to see any racist comments from Sheriff. Islam has nothing to do with race.

northofnowhere

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Islam is an inheriently peaceful religion. Radicalists twist the meaning of their bible to suit thier needs.

Sherriff wants all Muslim women arrested for wearing a mask hiding there faces. Thier Koran teaches them to do this and it in no way interferes with anyone elses daily life, so why stop them from practicing thier religion?

MetalChris

imported post

northofnowhere wrote:
Sherriff wants all Muslim women arrested for wearing a mask hiding there faces. Thier Koran teaches them to do this and it in no way interferes with anyone elses daily life, so why stop them from practicing thier religion?
Ok, but how is that racist? My God, I swear that's the most over used word of the past 20 years.

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

northofnowhere wrote:
Islam is an inheriently peaceful religion. Radicalists twist the meaning of their bible to suit thier needs.

I just think people need to be equal. If they can cover their faces in public, than I should be able to wear a rubber Ronald Regan mask while conducting my daily business.

Sheriff

imported post

USAF_MetalChris wrote:
Ok, but how is that racist? My God, I swear that's the most over used word of the past 20 years.

The word "stalking" is running a pretty close second though!

25 years ago, if you were attracted to an attractive young lady,

it was called a crush. Now it's called stalking.

ODA 226

imported post

This law was enacted under an anti-KKK initiative. It has nothing to do with freedom of expression. It was to prevent those in Klan orterrorist activities from legally concealing theiridentities at public rallies.

ChinChin

imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
This law was enacted under an anti-KKK initiative. It has nothing to do with freedom of expression. It was to prevent those in Klan orterrorist activities from legally concealing theiridentities at public rallies.

Damn, you beat me on the punch with the historical tid-bit.

ODA is right, this was anti-Klan legislation introduced and has been on the book since the mid 20th century.

MetalChris

imported post

northofnowhere wrote:
religiously intolerant. there is a better suited word for you, as you are correct, it is not technically racisism, just discrimination.
I stand corrected...the bolded word in the above quoted post is the most overused word in the pastfew years. ;)

Sheriff

imported post

This thread should get interesting now. :)

This is what I love about this country we call home.

If a group of Muslim women walk down the street with full head and face gear, law enforcement doesn't have the balls to mess with them and enforce the mask law.

But if a group of KKK members walk down the street, law enforcement would use the mask law to be all over them like white on rice.

In simple terms, is this what we are now basically saying?

ChinChin

imported post

Sheriff wrote:
This thread should get interesting now. :)

This is what I love about this country we call home.

If a group of Muslim women walk down the street with full head and face gear, law enforcement doesn't have the balls to mess with them and enforce the mask law.

But if a group of KKK members walk down the street, law enforcement would use the mask law to be all over them like white on rice.

In simple terms, is this what we are now basically saying?

I don't think either example you give is accurate.

What remains of the Klan often times gather in DC to march for political statement purposes, in full robe and hood regalia. They make it on TV with their hoods on and marching right in front of the police who seem more interested in keeping Klan and anti-klan counter demonstrators separated than enforcing any “anti-face covering” laws.

The vast majority of Muslim women in the US are “Americanized” and don’t follow the strict religious Sharia that is forced in their home countries. Yes there are still those who do, but they are so rare that any enforcement attempts would first prerequisite that they be located.

The law mentioned and introduced as anti-Klan in origin is one of those outdated laws still on the books and never removed, and is so ridiculous that it is hardly ever enforced, and if used as a charge, is most likely pled down or dropped by the DA. Hell, in Virginia it is a class 5 felony on the books to engage in oral sex. I’ve had to admit to over 300 historical and ongoing intent to commit class 5 felonies in my SCI clearance paperwork.

Weak 9mm

imported post

The vast majority of Muslim women in the US are “Americanized” and don’t follow the strict religious Sharia that is forced in their home countries. Yes there are still those who do, but they are so rare that any enforcement attempts would first prerequisite that they be located.

Hmm, do you think that's a regional thing? I come across what I assume to be muslim women dressed like this relatively regularly.

The rest of what you said is, from my experience, true (At least in my region).