• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Glock,S&W Le guns

surfj9009

imported post

I would agree. Not bad at all. If I ever NEED a pistol for any reason, I would hope that my XD was right there with me, as it has shown me without a doubt that it can be relied upon time after time after time. And its also nice to not have to worry about an AD when I holster it in my Serpa!

ATCer

imported post

Sorry, had to revive a dead post to get my $.02 in.

I picked up my G23 about a year ago through this deal (active duty military). I had no idea that this was true until I started to ask about it. The guy behind the counter tells me that Glock puts out a certian number offirearms each year for military/LE/Fire Fighter personnel. Regular price was about $530, I paid $419. As a kicker, it even came with three 13-round magazines instead of the standard two.

All in all, a good deal (especially because the gun store where I bought it is notorious for marking some of their firearms up as much as %70).

As for Sig and some of the other manufacturer's, couldn't tell you. But Glock sure does make a mighty fine product ;)

EDITokay, so maybe it wasn't really a dead post

dlnwoody

imported post

There are a few more for that deal. Glock and springfield are two that I know of. At marksman they have a list of all the guns that are included.

Bear 45/70

imported post

Why would a manufacture designate any specific gun for this type of deal and not just offer the discount on any gun? The dealer could then, with proof he sold it to a veteran, LEO, etc and get reimbursed by the manufacture. But to say these specific guns only is not only illogical but poor sales practice.
rolleyes.gif

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

dlnwoody wrote:
There are a few more for that deal. Glock and springfield are two that I know of. At marksman they have a list of all the guns that are included.
Para Ordinance, Sig Sauer, GLOCK, Smith & Wesson, & Springfield are the ones I've seen offer an LEO/Military/Security/Firefighter and/or EMT discount on their guns. There very well could be more manufacturers doing this, but I haven't worked for an FFL for about two years now, so I haven't kept up on it.

compmanio365

imported post

jarhead1055 wrote:
Does it really matter who carries what? I own alot of high end guns and my favorite is cheap ugly and heavy. Yup its a Hi point .45

Its the best shooting gun i have ever owned well next to my M4 but thats a diffrent subject.

If ya have to gun bash then atleast make an inteligent arguement and discuss it not post dumb comments we are all here for the same reasons and gun bashing isnt one of them....

Nice, another Hi Point owner! :p

ATCer

imported post

dlnwoody wrote:
Thanks, good to know. I plan on being in the market for a springfield in the next year or so.

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

phil teters wrote:
I have a higher capacity mag. for my 40.S&W beretta. it's labeled right on the side ' For law enforcement, and government use only'

But as far as i know, state law doesnt exactly mirror, or require that.

in most cases, a civilian can purchas or own, almost any weapon that law, or gov. can own. they tried pitching me that crap when i purchased my 'M-4.i just took my business elsewhere , and only paid 800 anyways!:cool:

bottom line is..*in most cases, if they sell it, you can purchase it*
I have one of those mags for my SP2340. holds 12... I got it during the Brady bill days.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Bravo_Sierra wrote:
phil teters wrote:
I have a higher capacity mag. for my 40.S&W beretta. it's labeled right on the side ' For law enforcement, and government use only'

But as far as i know, state law doesnt exactly mirror, or require that.

in most cases, a civilian can purchas or own, almost any weapon that law, or gov. can own. they tried pitching me that crap when i purchased my 'M-4.i just took my business elsewhere , and only paid 800 anyways!:cool:

bottom line is..*in most cases, if they sell it, you can purchase it*
I have one of those mags for my SP2340. holds 12... I got it during the Brady bill days.
I didn't know the "Brady bill days" have ended. Probably because they haven't.

t3rmin

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
jarhead1055 wrote:
Does it really matter who carries what? I own alot of high end guns and my favorite is cheap ugly and heavy. Yup its a Hi point .45

Its the best shooting gun i have ever owned well next to my M4 but thats a diffrent subject.

If ya have to gun bash then atleast make an inteligent arguement and discuss it not post dumb comments we are all here for the same reasons and gun bashing isnt one of them....

Nice, another Hi Point owner! :p
Count me in too. Hope you come to our Centralia meet so I won't be the only one! ;-)

Bear 45/70

imported post

Nosrac wrote:
Bravo_Sierra wrote:
:) My Glock19 holds 15 rounds.

XD's are shit.

That's gotta be a joke, a gun owner shouldn't be that obtuse.
Oh yeah he can.
rolleyes.gif
So far he has been wrong4 for 4 whenhe has made a statement about anything to do with guns. But remember he lives in Vegas and what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. Unfortunately he keep coming up here to Washington to babble his drivel, instead of staying in Vegas.
rolleyes.gif
I alway thought the place as a great place to visit, but sucked as a place to live, of course that was back in the early 70s.
RoflLg.gif

Bear 45/70

imported post

[size=]S&W]586[/size][size=[font=Arial]Distinguished Comat Magnum "L[/font]][size=[font=Arial]” Frame [/font]][size=[font=Arial]4” Barrel, Adjustable rear sights, Square buttwith trigger job and Pachmyer grip. The ultimate combat handgun.[/font]]

[size=[font=Arial][/font]]

[size=[font=Arial]
P5280001.jpg
[/font]]

Ruger Redhawk, .41 Magnum, blued,7 1/2" barrel, trigger work,Fire Sights now with Pachmyer grips. The ultimate hunting handgun. It kills deer for sure.

P1010148.jpg

Bear 45/70

imported post

Wheelgunner wrote:
:what:

He has a 50 BMG derringer for backup
And you don't? Shame on you. The BG looks into the Holland tunnel of derringers and just gives up................................. or dies a quick death.
RoflLg.gif

Nosrac

imported post

Cool to see the S+W's for me. I have the lowly 1957 K22. Small cal but accurate and fun none the less.

Attachments

• SW K22 004.jpg
    SW K22 004.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 160