• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Next Open Carry event?

grishnav

imported post

Puddin99 wrote:
It looks like it is county centric. I can see avoiding Multnomah all together. I couldn't even find anything about it for Columbia county. Washington county has a program, but we would probably want to avoid Beaverton as OC requires permits. I'm agreeing with grishnav that we should focus on Clackamas county.

http://www.co.clackamas.or.us/roads/adoptsafety.htm

Ken
Clackamas County was actually third on my list. :)

I'll get the lists for all three of them, but in general, which sort of areas would people rather persue? Keep in mind, none of the counties in Oregon (that I'm aware of) ban loaded carry for non-chl, so it just comes down to avoiding cities.

As far as Clackamas being more friendly than Multnomah, they both tend to be bad, but I have met the Clackamas sheriff in person and may be able to speak to him, whereas I don't know the Multnomah county sheriff.

Puddin99

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Ah, Good point.I think I'm a bit off on my geography. :) Never was my greatest subject.

I'm pretty much up for anywhere. Although I don't want to drive for hours, although it would only be a couple of times a year - depends.

grishnav

imported post

It occurs to me that this thread was supposed to be for planning the next meet...

Do we want to start two new threads -

1. For planning the next meet
2. For organizing the adopt-a-road

??

Puddin99

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Definitely, we swayed from the OT.

I'll be back in town mid week (in Tokyo - I feel so naked). I should be open to almost anything pending approval from the boss and her scheduled plans.

johnnyb

Banned
imported post

columbia county is open carry.

we could have it someplace here if you want.

i opened carried for years without anyone ever saying anything once. in st helens... :)

ps: im talking about the meet

grishnav

imported post

johnnyb wrote:
columbia county is open carry.

we could have it someplace here if you want.

i opened carried for years without anyone ever saying anything once. in st helens... :)

ps: im talking about the meet
I'm not opposed to columbia county. Any good eats around there johnnyb?

Recondo

imported post

I'm in on either event, I'd love to adopt a road. One of my friends adopted a road in deschutes county under his name. I don't know if the process is different from county to county, but I can ask him what the process is if it would help.

And a nice day at the park sounds good. The weather is just starting to turn around.

grishnav

imported post

Alright, I think we need to start firming things up, or we're just gonna talk about it forever and never meet, so here's my proposal:

I really like the park idea, but while the weather is improving, it is not stable yet (was about 60 degrees and raining when I left this morning after a beautiful weekend), so I think we should save it for next month. Plus we need to find someone willing to bring a BBQ out. :)

So instead of the park, let's let johnnyb (and anyone else that wants to) recommend a few of places around St. Helens to have a meet (we've already sorta done Portland and Gresham a couple of times) and have a quick poll to decide one as primary and one as backup.

Let's just set the meeting time at noon to keep things simple.

Let's have a real quick poll for Saturday or Sunday and then see who can come either this weekend (21/22) or next weekend (28/29). Whichever day accomidates more people is the one we take.

Let's have the restaurant chosen by Wednesday and the weekend chosen by Friday.

Sound good to everyone?

I'm good for either day on either weekend.

Puddin99

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I'm up for either weekend.

Pizza is fine for this outing. Whenwe do another outing I can probably swing a full propane BBQ and/or a couple of smaller table top propane bottle bbq's.

We'll probably need a headcount for good measure.

Ken

Recondo

imported post

As soon as the date is set I'll take a look at my calendar. July is a bad month for me, but better than August where I will be out of state all month...

grishnav

imported post

Recondo wrote:
As soon as the date is set I'll take a look at my calendar. July is a bad month for me, but better than August where I will be out of state all month...
We're looking at either June 21, 22, 28, or 29 right now.

What works best for you?