• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Next Open Carry event?

NaT805

Opt-Out Members
imported post

I am new to the forum and would like to start networking with people and was wondering if there is any OC event planned for the future, and if not we should get one planned such as a BBQ at a park for some lunch.

Thoughts?

UTOC-45-44

imported post

NaT805 wrote:
I am new to the forum and would like to start networking with people and was wondering if there is any OC event planned for the future, and if not we should get one planned such as a BBQ at a park for some lunch.

Thoughts?

Here in Utah we have it that the one that asks is the one that Volunteered to set it up.:lol:.....

.....Good Luck. :celebrate

TJ

SetivaSicWood

imported post

We should consider So. Waterfont park @ the Marina Dist during Rose Festival. We should all ride Max downtown as well.

That should generate a plethora of fodder for the forum

Attachments

• 011503010203010412200805209009954e833873f1520010d6.jpg
    011503010203010412200805209009954e833873f1520010d6.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 479

NaT805

Opt-Out Members
imported post

I am also new to the area, so I don't know where anything is. :banghead:

Puddin99

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Where or when were you thinking? If we keep it out of PDX or Beaverton people won't be required to have a permit. Were you thinking of doing a family thing (spouse and kids) or just gun nuts who like to OC? I'm not up on the parks that would be good for this.

Cremator75

imported post

It all depends on the date and time, so get it set and I will see if I can make it. It really depends on my wifes schedual, and it changes every week.

grishnav

imported post

I'm out until after June 10th, and out for the max until after June 18th. Thanks, Trimet! :banghead:

Phssphotok is also out (in Montana IIRC) until about the 18th, so we were thinking we'd put something together then.

But if somebody else wants to organize it, I'm just fine with that! :)

Part of me was thinking about organizing a litter pickup in Gresham, similar to what the NHFree guys are doing on a regular basis. Gresham doesn't require a CHL to OC loaded, so it would be better for the Washington people (if a bit more of a drive), and would also benefit the community. But I don't know how much interest there is in that here.

Another part of me wants to have a big OC party on the max and at Pioneer Courthouse Square, but I'm thinking it might be wiser to try to get the trimet ordinance overturned first.

Puddin99

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Maybe we should adopt a road/highway. Wouldn't that be interesting to adopt a road...

ADOPT-A ROAD PROGRAM - OPENCARRY.ORG

I thought Trimet really didn't have a problem with it?

grishnav

imported post

Puddin99 wrote:
Maybe we should adopt a road/highway. Wouldn't that be interesting to adopt a road...

In our particular case, the officer understood the ordinance was voice, but definitely had problems with it. :celebrate

It is still included in Trimet's municipal code. I'd like to remove it from their municipal code. :)

I think it would be freaking awesome to adopt a road. I'll look into it.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Puddin99 wrote:

That's what we are trying to do in the Utah Section:celebrate

TJ

grishnav

imported post

SetivaSicWood wrote:
Can we adopt something in theHawthorne district? That would be a hoot.
I'm checking into it. Looks like we have to adopt a three mlie stretch of road and have to agree to maintain it three times a year for three years.

I'd need to get commitments from at least a few people before I went for something like that.

I'll find out what's available Monday or Tuesday and start another thread.

I think adopting a road is an awesome idea.

fruitloops

imported post

Howdy all,
Intermitent lurker and thought I'd sign up.

I would love to take part in an open carry event.

grishnav

imported post

Puddin99 wrote:
grishnav,

So is there a list of available roads or something? I'll definatley chip in. Sure even the wife and kids will pitch in.
Sorry. I got hammered at work and didn't have a chance to look into it. I'll try to find out tomorrow! :)

grishnav

imported post

Nothing in Portland, but there is some stuff available in Gresham (which is good, because our Friends from the north can OC w/o a permit). I'm working on a list, but sounds like the guy is out 'till tomorrow.

I haven't check Westside yet. I'll work on that next.