• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Police - Memorial Day: Remembering All Who Protect And Serve

LEO 229

imported post

Weak 9mm wrote:
Anony Mouse = anonymous. I guess he thinks you or someone else ishiding behind the shield of anonymity. Strange.
Ya... I figured out the variation of the word manipulated to reflect someone being unknown on a computer.

We all are here until we meet for the first time. This would include Doug who can say anything he likes and has no fear someone ever meeting him.

I have met many people and some know where I work. I have lunch and we go shooting with a few guys too. I am not as anonymous as Doug.

Sheriff

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
What about cops who died in accidents while responding? Surely that must count for something in your book?

Nope. They aren't accidents. They are youngsters with a legal exemption to drive reckless. During one of the last emergency responses of my career, two youngdeputies in front of me ran through a red light on a busy 4 lane highway doing approximately 85 mph. If they had crashed and hurt/killed innocent civilians, they were not protecting and serving the public, they were a danger to the public. Why should their name be on any memorial?

I do find it comforting when they miss other civilians whilehitting a tree and killing themselves. 10 mph slower, 15 mph slower, slow down at intersections, slow down on curves.... they might be alive today.

Weak 9mm

imported post

And with the connotation of mouse-like made explicit. YOU figured it out.

Hmm. This almost seems sarcastic. :)

I didn't read all of the posts,but I guess you've been talking about mice all day or something. You're so smart.

Oh wait, I forgot:

FBI KGB MONEY MONEY.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Sheriff wrote:
The whole world does now. A moderator from OC posted it over on officer.com
What sub-forum please?

Dear User

We have now activated your account at the Police Forums & Law Enforcement Forums @ Officer.com.

The forums can be found here: http://forums.officer.com/forums/index.php

Your login details are as follows: Username: XXXX Password: as you entered it when you registered Don't forget that your password is case sensitive.

To edit your profile, please visit this page: http://forums.officer.com/forums/profile.php?do=editprofile

All the best, Police Forums & Law Enforcement Forums @ Officer.com

LEO 229

imported post

Sheriff wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
I have met many people and some know where I work.
The whole world does now. A moderator from OC posted it over on officer.com
What ever you do.... Do not tell Doug!!

We know the evil invent he has..... Why.. I will never know.

Edit: Oh! Too late! :lol:

Sheriff

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:

What ever you do.... Do not tell Doug!!

We know the evil invent he has..... Why.. I will never know.

Edit: Oh! Too late! :lol:
I wouldn't be worried about Doug knowing something half as much as I would worry about some of themembers over there knowing it.

LEO 229

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
It's odd that I was otherwise occupied for half an hour, dressing for tonight's party, but within five minutes of my acknowledgement our moderator (like "our cruise director"?) scribbles by.
Doug... why?

Why must you persist to be an ass on here?

I have little to do with you here but you are fixated on me for some reason. Do you like me? Do you envy me? Are you jealous of me? Or do you just hate anyone that is in law enforcement?

Honestly! People on here that have met me can vouch that I am a nice guy with good intentions. How about asking a few.

I do not want to start deleting posts by you that are off topic and disparaging towards me. I have better things to do.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

What the heck is it with the anti cop attitudes? I know as a group we tend to run into LEO's who don't know the legalities of OC, or take things too far. I've had that happen twice. End result?

I cured the entire department. :)

Training for everyone. Now no more problems. EVERYONE there is on the same page, and the city had the riot act read to them by an attorney.

Sometimes instead of launching into a tirade, try working with people sometimes. I dislike ignorance and bullying as much as the next guy. A few bad apples shouldn't be held against the whole bunch. There is more to be gained through cooperation and working with folks than bashing them out of hand for the actions of a few.

Sheriff

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
A few bad apples shouldn't be held against the whole bunch.
IMHO, the number of bad apples is increasing pretty rapidly.

That's the problem. There an entirely new breed of rookie out on the street in 2008. If they aren't lying, stealing andtasing people for the pure sport of it..... they are walking all over your Constitutional rights. I often wonder why the entire population can't see this.

MetalChris

imported post

Sheriff wrote:
Sheriff wrote:The whole world does now. A moderator from OC posted it over on officer.com
Doug Huffman wrote:
What sub-forum please?
This post....

http://forums.officer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1250872&postcount=246
Browse those forums for a while and you'll go away absolutely detesting anyone that wears a badge. Fortunately I was able to get out before it happened to me, but not all have been so lucky... :uhoh: The elitist attitude on there is nauseating.

Flintlock

imported post

There are a couple of people on this site that display anti-cop sentimentsin every respect, but I find that mostly this forum's posts contain blunt objections to obscene tactics or unwarranted searches anddisarmaments. Some use stronger language than others, but I would guess that most knowledgable citizens (not just gun owners)would feel the same way if they knew about the atrocities thatoccur.

Some officers are professional enough to realize the mistake they are making and right-the-ship, and not always with a supervisor present, which is great... Lots of other do not however,and will threaten chargesand argue about their superior knowledge of the laws, which to us, the argumentsare an exercise in futility in a lot of cases, even when they are dead wrong.

I think in a lot of these situations, the cops personal feelings towards certain things (like carrying guns) brings out their emotions and opinions rather than laws or truth. The term public servant cannot be repeated enough. Havinga badge doesn't give someone a permission slip to spit on the constitution and oppress an individuals' rights justbecause they can and want to show you so.

For those that speak of the few bad apples, that is true to some extent. The problem is that there are a few bad apples in every department, every state,and every locality in the country. This makes for a lot of mistakes and violations and doesn't help in the relationship between police and citizens. The tax payers pay a lot of money for their training and equipment and we have expectations that they willenforce thelaws and not theiropinions and I don't see why that is an unrealistic expectation for some.

The citizen -officerrelationship should be one based on respect on both ends and sadly, with forums like at officer.com where Bodhi is holding it down for the citizenry, and defending us from what appears to me to be a group of officershigh-fiving, patting each other on the back,and plotting onhow to deal with those they disagree with, it's going to be really hard for the general population to gain that trust back...

Personally, I have a great respect for officers in general, and will always be professional with them. In most cases, I feel that it is better to comply and do everything in your legal power to change things in the aftermath of an incident. However, it's themaking up laws as they go alongthat is most troublesome and frightening to me and I would suspect, most citizens.

Having a more helpful attitude as opposed to a perceived extension of anauthoritarian, governmentregime would be a good start in the hopeful acquisition of harmony. The Torch Teams thread is a perfect example of a bad image the officers are giving the people in general. We should not fear our police. The police should truly be our friends.

Doug Huffman

Banned
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:
It's odd that I was otherwise occupied for half an hour, dressing for tonight's party, but within five minutes of my acknowledgement our moderator (like "our cruise director"?) scribbles by.
Doug... why?

I have little to do with you here but you are fixated on me for some reason. Do you like me? Do you envy me? Are you jealous of me? Or do you just hate anyone that is in law enforcement?

Honestly! People on here that have met me can vouch that I am a nice guy with good intentions. How about asking a few.

I do not want to start deleting posts by you that are off topic and disparaging towards me. I have better things to do.
Yes, responsibility is a heavy burden. You do what you have to to but do it honestly by standing up for your actions and taking credit or crap in public rather than sneaking around and corrupting the data base.

Who's indulging in disparaging epithets, "ass" and "gump", and scribbling in my PM inbox? [font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?[/font]

LEO 229

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:
Doug... why?

Yes, responsibility is a heavy burden. You do what you have to to but do it honestly by standing up for your actions and taking credit or crap in public rather than sneaking around and corrupting the data base.

Who's indulging in disparaging epithets, "ass" and "gump", and scribbling in my PM inbox? [font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?[/font]

Doug...

I may try to have fun with you on occasion... but you bash me daily. The question is why? You have been doing this for a very long time.

The last time I sent you a PM was Sat Dec 29th, 2007 08:32 Where I said you were an "ass..." I did this privately and because you were acting like an ass then too.

What is your boggle?

Which of these apply or is it something else?

Do you like me? Do you envy me? Are you jealous of me? Or do you just hate anyone that is in law enforcement?

Do you not like my opinions?

Help us all understand what you fixation is with LEO 229?

I do not agree with half the stuff you post so I move "Move along.... nothing to see here....". Some things I will chime in on to give my point of view as will any member.

You seem to stalk me on-line and look for my posts and them go post something that is off topic and often times disparaging.

LEO 229

imported post

USAF_MetalChris wrote:
Browse those forums for a while and you'll go away absolutely detesting anyone that wears a badge. Fortunately I was able to get out before it happened to me, but not all have been so lucky... :uhoh: The elitist attitude on there is nauseating.
Please keep in mind you are looking at all the bad apples pooling together.

Out of 900,000 cops.. how many are on that board?

Doug Huffman

Banned
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Please keep in mind you are looking at all the bad apples pooling together.

Out of 900,000 cops.. how many are on that board?

So now the participants at officer.com forums are 'all the bad apples'? Or you're just funnin' us?

Are you so blind to your faulty thinking or rhetoric?

I started this thread to point out the BCPHGV's dishonesty in conflating dead soldiers with cops and YOU have made it all about you, lying with liars and ignoring their fleas. Better you ignore me your gadfly than the fleas from Sarah Brady's hairy armpit.

You should be a moderator and not a participant in what you're supposed to be moderating. Step away from the keyboard. Take your meds. Go to church. Participate in a Memorial Day service.