• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

News of the Weird and dummies.

PT111

imported post

I ran across the in the News of the Weird and wondered what has the fellow done that is illegal?
People Different From Us In April, police in East Hampton, Conn., investigating the accidental shooting of ex-Marine Joseph Simonelli, 60, by his 9-year-old son, seized "dozens of unsecured guns and mounds of loose ammunition" from the home, according to the Hartford Courant, which contained a "wide-open, chock-full gun cabinet in the boy's bedroom (with) numerous rifles and knives strewn about the room." According to police, bullet casings and live rounds lay "throughout the house," and the walls of the boy's bedroom bore "numerous small holes (made by a) bb/pellet gun or even small-caliber (.22) rounds being shot inside the home." The boy told police that he "usually" only shoots his rifles when he's outside. [Hartford Courant, 4-3-08]
But then when he goes to court.
http://www.nbc30.com/news/16174846/detail.html

If you follow the links it gets even more weird. But what has he done that is illegal?

John

imported post

Presumably the "drugs" they found were illegal narcotics and there were weapons that were illegally in the possession of his 9 year old son.

LEO 229

imported post

I am guessing the primary charge is Contributing to the delinquency of a minor for allowing him to have access to guns and ammo so freely. Obviously the child does not know how to handle a gun safely if he dad was shot.

The second is the drugs.

Unless they have some law on the length of the blade concealed... it was added for fluff.

PT111

imported post

One of the articles said that the drugs were prescription drugs not in original container. That is scary because I take a days supply out of the bottle from the drug store and carry in a little pocket vial with me to work or to have a vicodin with me in case I need it for my back. Am I breaking the law by doing that?

Fallschirjmäger

imported post

More than likely :(. Without the "original container" someone seeing the pills would have no way to know they were prescribed by a physician. It's one of those malum prohibitum laws where it's wrong 'just because it's prohibited'.

You could make a thousand counterfeit Vicodin-looking cocaine pills and no one would look twice, but have a pill without proof of it being prescribed is verbotten.

Weak 9mm

imported post

That first link you provided has some unbelievable stories. Thanks for the link!