• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

KSL

thx997303

imported post

I know a little bit off topic, but has anyone noticed that most people selling handguns on KSL sell them after putting at least a hundred rouds through them and they sell them for more then you can buy them brand new? And some people who I have found to not be dealers are asking for CCW to sell. I think I will just wait until I get back from AIT as I will be 21 and in the meantime I'll just carry my old revolver, which I found out was manufactured in 1979 by the way.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

People on KSL are strange. Every gun on there has "only a few hundred round" put through it. I have sold a few on there, and buyers will ask this question. I reply, "Who knows, it does not have a round counter."

Most firearms hold their value really well, so it is not uncommon to see them priced close to that of a retail store. After sales tax and a background check, it may be a little cheaper.

I have bought a few firearms from sellers that put "Must show a CFP" in their ad. None of them ever asked. I think it is just to deter possible criminals from calling them in the first place.

thx997303

imported post

I don't care about the ones that are aobut as much as new, I care about the ones at least $25 MORE then new. I've gotten some great deals on KSL but yeah people are wierd.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

Some people justify selling them for more because they have extra mags, or a holster. I think that is what they are, extras. If they want to make more money, they should sell them separately.

thx997303

imported post

Yeah, but I saw one a while ago, they had an XD SC that they were selling for $50 over the retail price of that same model, and he was citing the gear kit as an "extra"
Ridiculously wierd people.

xmirage2kx

imported post

I have found that if a gun stays on KSL for more than a day it is overpriced. My favorite (since expired) was someone selling a Hi-point for $350 (retail is usuallyabout $150). You can find good deals on KSL, but you have to be fast.

b1ack5mith

imported post

i could sell my glock for more than i paid, without the holster... i got a regular sized mag, and 3 under-capacity mags (one 13 rounder, 3, 10 rounders) and i added a grip like sgt. jensens... also added a "handgrip plug" (could i call it a butt pl...? nevermind :D) and a stainless steel recoil rod. i thought about sellin it to see if i could get over 500 for it... but i really like it, never had ANY jams, never had any problems at all. if i could, i would trade it for an AR though, i really want an assault rifle for purposes other than OC... or maybe i CAN OC it! :D lol, im kinda a pussy for OCing a rifle... even though im completely within my rights lol... hey kev, if i get an AR, will you OC one with me?

HAPPY

imported post

i bought my gun from some one on ksl and was wondering if i hav to get it licenced in my name or do aney thing special so i dont get in troble carrying it

GeneticsDave

imported post

No. There is no gun registration in Utah. You are perfectly legal. It would be wise to have a bill of sale though. That way if your firearm was used in a crime on a certain date, you could prove that you didn't have it until after that.

GeneticsDave

imported post

No, they go pretty far, you have to think it's small and really fast so the problem is that due to low weight lots of outside factors start creeping in, like wind. At 300 yards accuracy will be crap. That's why most 22's are sighted in at 50 yards. This guy is quite likely a moron. And $350 for a 10/22, that thing must be upgraded through the wazoo!

thx997303

imported post

He don't know nothing.

As you can see, He only has 2 .22s and one .22 mag, so he is not exactly a gun enthusiast, Also he is selling all of his guns, reinforces that opinion, and leads me to believe that he just got married and his wife thinks guns are dangerous.

Sound on par?

And though I have shot and really like the .17HMR, I just can't see it as anything better then a range gun, Imagine if you had a slight breeze.

xmirage2kx

imported post

Ehh... On KSL 99% of guns have "Less than 200 rounds" and are in "like new condition" and not a single gun (no matter the type) has EVER jammed, not even once. Most have "upgrades" or come with "Extras" that are less than what the factory sent them with, and you cant forget how that $5 uncle mikes holster allows you to upgrade to the next highest hundred dollar bracket. And lets not forget the biggest problem on KSL: you buy a $350 glock 2nd version, Shoot 3000 rounds through it over the course of 10 years and sell itin Like new condition with only 200 rounds firedwith holster and a $5 trigger job for$700

thx997303

imported post

That is a much better explanation of KSL then mine was. Agreed. Sometimes you can get a deal, but onl rarely.