Thread: Open carry in Mich

Post imported post

Ok guys, I've been asked this twice recently and I don't know the answer(no surprise)

How long has open carry been legal in Mich? I had heard from one source, since 1911, fact or BS? I would like to answer this on the radio show. If anyone knows call in and let me know the answer.

Thanks, Jerry

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
    Ok guys, I've been asked this twice recently and I don't know the answer(no surprise)

How long has open carry been legal in Mich? I had heard from one source, since 1911, fact or BS? I would like to answer this on the radio show. If anyone knows call in and let me know the answer.

Thanks, Jerry
    I don't think it was ever illegal. I haven't fiubd ant law that forbid it.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Thanks Brian, I just wanted to make sure. I have heard it so many different ways over the years. See you at 3.

Jerry

Post imported post

I would say since pre emption. My dad claims to remember armed guards in Detroit who got in trouble in the 70's or 80's, I don't remember which.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    I would say since pre emption. My dad claims to remember armed guards in Detroit who got in trouble in the 70's or 80's, I don't remember which.
    At that time there were local ordinances against it. But in general there was no state law against open carry.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.