• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any one open cary at a bank?

usSiR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I searched for any experiences and didn't find any, and as far asI know its not illegal or in the list of places not to.

I read some post in other states where they have with no problems.

Where is TJ if anyone has I would bet he has.

I would guess if you did OC in a bank youmight create some alarm or at least put people on a high alert.

The bank in Farmington, Utah First, has a sign on the door that asks you to remove any hats or sunglasses before you enter, if it said anything elseI didn't read it this was last year when I went there and just glanced at the sign.

Or how about jewelry stores or other places where they have armed guards, like Shane Co. Last timeI went there to look at diamonds the sales person took me outside to compare the "sparkel" in sun light, the guard came with us, I was not carrying at all.

Its just one of those things that make me wonder. I'm getting more and more comfortable OC'n but there is still those areas that I don't want to try yet even if I'm not breaking laws.

Outsider

imported post

Yesterday I went and deposited my paycheck at WaMu Bank. I just walked in, they called me up, I deposited and left. I was nervous since it was my first time doing so, but I didn't have any problem. They also knew me and have seen me plenty-o times. You should be fine long as it isn't posted anywhere.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

usSiR wrote:
I searched for any experiences and didn't find any, and as far asI know its not illegal or in the list of places not to.

I read some post in other states where they have with no problems.

Where is TJ if anyone has I would bet he has.

I would guess if you did OC in a bank youmight create some alarm or at least put people on a high alert.

The bank in Farmington, Utah First, has a sign on the door that asks you to remove any hats or sunglasses before you enter, if it said anything elseI didn't read it this was last year when I went there and just glanced at the sign.

Or how about jewelry stores or other places where they have armed guards, like Shane Co. Last timeI went there to look at diamonds the sales person took me outside to compare the "sparkel" in sun light, the guard came with us, I was not carrying at all.

Its just one of those things that make me wonder. I'm getting more and more comfortable OC'n but there is still those areas that I don't want to try yet even if I'm not breaking laws.

I've OCed at Chase, Wells Fargo and America 1st ALL THE TIME. Never a problem. I even had the time to sit down with Bankers for a length of time at all 3 places.

I never remove my hat, but my glasses, yes.

Act normal, courteous and you will be fine.

Just another "store", remember

TJ

thx997303

imported post

I OC'd at Wells Fargo the other day, and nobody even seemed to notice. But for some reason I was really nervous about it, until after.

usSiR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

thx997303 wrote:
.....But for some reason I was really nervous about it, until after.

I get that way too sometimes just in general, and some other times I don't even notice its there.

I went to smiths yesterday and then realized they have a Zions Bank there, so thats close.

thx997303

imported post

Well, the more you do it the better, I have almost lost all of those fears. Still have issues once in a while though

thx997303

imported post

You know, I'm glad we live in Utah, nobody seems to really have a problem with it, as most people hunt. Although there have been a lot of people from california coming here. Hopefully, they will get used to and even start liking having guns around. At least the ones that didn't leave to get away from CA's oppressive gun laws.

oH and I'd like to add that they're all welcome here.