• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry at the chehalis WAL*MART.

Guest1650

imported post

this has by far been the best - positive experience. I had to go get some more listerine mouthwash. and walmart has it fairly cheap.. im also only about 5 miles from the store.. I drove down. OC'ing. Was wearing a black button up dress polo, with some nice blue jeans, and a pair of my retired jungle boots, with my 96, and serpa. anyways, i OC'd into the store, and searched for a few things, and all of a sudden over the intercom. i hear ..

'WE HAVE SECURITY TRANSACTION ________ IN POWERTOOLS,BLACK SHIRT,Thank you'

I look up and ..low and behold. Im standing under the power tools sign i figured i knew what was coming.. and i took it as an opprotunity to just find a manager myself, before i got a word out he introduced himself, '..Hi im (don't remember name) .

'Hi, im phil, is there a problem?'

him' No not at all, (with a smile) .. I carry myself, but mines locked in the car.. '

Me - right on, well hey, i have a lpamphlet that explains the legality of openly carried firearms, and also.. the phone number for the security chief jason schmidt.

Him- very receptivly took the papers, and the phone number. And from there, it went into a 15 minute lesson about washington and open carry laws, also including the 'gray areas' about how law enforcemtn like to hassle.

he told me that when he managed up north. they had a few people, that open carried. alot of customers complained to be scared. but.. at the time. he was unclear on the laws.

HIM- Do you mind if i make copys of this ..every day we have pre work day meetings for training, id like to share it with my employees, that way.. if it comes down to it.. they know not to overreact. but to see it as a form of protection.

Me - not at all! that would be great of you! and all the people who i relate with on the Open carry subject really appreiciate the way your company supports our rights'

so to any of you who OC, in lewis county.. walmart.. Welcome !

anyways, thoguht this was cool.. hope you enjoyed the story.

surfj9009

imported post

Very very cool. I've given them to several managers here in Spokane with the hopes they would share the knowledge and truth with their employees.

surfj9009

imported post

it has happened quite a few times when approached by management, or another employee working near management. I always seem to end up shopping near a manager or asking them to help me find something. I have only been approached in a negative manner once really, but have a maybe a dozen or so good talks with managers. Right time, right place I suppose. The only businesses a approach about it is ones I think would be likely to host the pamphlet. I am still a bit pissed that a manager type at Sportsmans Warehouse in Spokane would not host it. I still need to follow up with the GM about that, since they host all kinds of other stuff.

Guest1650

imported post

That is a little rediciolous. The sportsman warehouse in lacey told me that i needed to check my sidearm, once. I asked to speak with a manager. and he was quickly put in his place. (apparently he was new, and had'nt even been notified of the policy).. so i can't really blame him.

More and more though, it's becomming accepted in littler areas. so i think while it's a work in progress.. it will eventually become one of the states that sees it as Not just ..accepted, But Okay.

Trigger Dr

imported post

Surf,

contact Matt French at corporate. He will straighten out the Sportsman's mgr.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

There are no problems at the Sportsman's in Lacey, they even have the pamphlet at the gun counter. Looks like the story is an employee didn't know, and a manager corrected the employee.

I know the manager in Lacey, he is a fine gentleman and a great guy to talk with. I prefer to spend my money there accordingly.

TechnoWeenie

imported post

Heh....

That's when you look for the little black bubble on the ceiling, and wave at it with a shit-eating grin on your face....

Guest1650

imported post

it's funny, I don't think they have as many cameras ..Not as they used to!. I printed up some OCDO cards. so. im ready for most any situation!

surfj9009

imported post

I think the gum manager told me no because of this: I was ocing, and when I spoke to him about it and handed him a pamphlet, he saw the www.opencarry.org on the cover. I done think he likes the idea if OC. This is what he said. "we try to not display anything that is to far right or left, we want to stay in the middle"
I have been meaning to speak with the GM, but have not gotten to it yet. I was busy getting ready to speak at the city council at the time.

Bear 45/70

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
phil teters wrote:
sound slike PA is a good state for OC!
Sure, unless you are in Dickson City....
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum46/10755.html
Is it Dickson City,PA or is it 1939 Germany? You can't tell the difference.
rolleyes.gif

Guest1650

imported post

Wow, i just read all of that. .complete BS.

I would seek legal defense, and sue the hell out of the officers.:cuss: