• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC South Holston Lake (No Shirt)

kf4uel@yahoo.com

imported post

I went fishing this evening at South Holstion on the bank, sure enough too Virginia Department of Game/Fish Officers seen me and asked me for my fishing license. Id been soaking up some good ole UVs and had my shirt off, pair of camo Abercrombie shorts, and a good (old) looking pair of sneakers, and of course my G36 in a fobus paddle.

Game Officer: Can you hold up your fishing license for me
Me: Yessir one moment, ~Acknowledges both officer, with a double nod"
Game Officer: How old are you?
Me: 24
Game Officer: Good, What do you got on your side there
Me: Glock 36 .45
Game Officers: ~smile and look at each other~ You caught anything?
Me: Not yet, Couple bites down there...Here you go
Game Officer: Let me see, ~motors boat around 360 degrees closer to the shore~
Game Officer: Where do you work at
Me: <Company NameWithheld>
Game Officer: Where do you work at?
Me: Repeats, slighly louder
Game Officer: Thank you, have a nice weekend and be careful.
Me: Take care now

So why do they always ask you where you work and ask you twice??
Other than that it was plain business, I felt a bit nervous reaching near my wallet but other than that It was a pretty quick exchange..

~~EDIT Left out the part about them asking my age and if id caught anything, funny how u remember things later..

LEO 229

imported post

kf4uel wrote:
Snipped....
So why do they always ask you where you work and ask you twice??
Other than that it was plain business, I felt a bit nervous reaching near my wallet but other than that It was a pretty quick exchange..
They think you did not hear them clearly the first time.. :lol:

Just giving you a chance to hear the question and respond. ;)