• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC to olympia. Dinner, Movie.. Walk.

Guest1650

imported post

First.. I went to the centralia safeway to meet up with a friend of mine, i was there for about 45 minutes. Sitting right next to a meeting going on with the managers by the indoor starbucks. Nothing said, and actually got a few smiles.

Finally she shows up.we go to get gas, and i got out and pumped.. Not a single look.

Off to olive garden in olympia.. Got there at about ten to 9.PACKED.. and.. packing. No looks at all, when we came in. (that i iknow of). the resturant was busy.. but still fast! the food was great and we stayed and talked for a few. Our waiter saw my strong side, but just said, hey thanks so much folks!

From there, we took off. and went for a walk. walked through downtown olympia.. but. she got cold fast, so my over shirt, soon became her blanket. Now i was OC'ing with just a white t-shirt, and a pair of black slacks. .. started to get alot more looks, even at night.. walked by a couple people who moved, and moved quickly.. But.. i also walked by a dad, with his two kids. Who i know saw my beretta from the other side of the street. we made eye contact about mid crosswalk, and he asks "what are you carrying?45?' I quietly say, "no, i wish. it's a 40 " he says, I don't go for walks without my 380. My girls come first!. My date looks at me , and wonders what he is talking about, 'His girls come first?..Whats a 40-380??'

We walked down 4th ave, and by one of the little club/bars. I pass a thurston Co sheriff, and an OLY leo. Strong side Hanging out, I gota head nod,(hey) from the oly. and not even a second glance from the Thurston co..

Come home, and decided to stay in.. somethings been up with my mouth, i have some wisdom teeth crammijng in, so i just decided to take a couple PM pills and get a clean slate started for tomorrow!

Hope you all enjoyed the story!

t3rmin

imported post

Nice! Keep it up!

What I really want to hear about is Centralia PD encounters! :shock:

Guest1650

imported post

i know. i kind of wish i would have run into them, or chehalis at walmart.as someone *could* have reported me, and since centralia and chehalis share split jursdiction they both could have shown up. On tuesday, im going to OC into the police department, and ask if they have yet done a training bulliten on CC, and OC ill print off a couple of the citis up north as for example. I'll be doing the same thing in chehalis. as, i almost think they would give more hassle. as it's the home of not one, but two jails.both minor and adult.

I stopped by the WSP office yester to see if they were open, to ask if they had anything put out in the past about it. Because oddly enough, i see them more, *out of their cars* at places like starbucks, and whatnot.

ALso, I have a question, your proposal to the parks subject. I drove through riverside park yesterday. kind of scoping it our for the jun BBQ. I didnt see a *NO FIREARMS* sign. are they allowed there, or what?.. I didn't get out because i was'nt sure. and didnt want to alarm anyone.

But, I am however aware that it's a subject in where the 'Posted law' would be preemption. or, Not applicable.

Guest1650

imported post

Ha, I couldnt help but chuckle at it.

Hey, does anyone know if that little walkway, that goes around the lake downtownat the bottom of the capitol building, is offlimits to firearms, i looked for a sign, but couldnt find one.so i just CC'd.

joeroket

imported post

phil teters wrote:

Hey, does anyone know if that little walkway, that goes around the lake downtownat the bottom of the capitol building, is offlimits to firearms, i looked for a sign, but couldnt find one.so i just CC'd.
The Capitol grounds are not off limits to firearms neither is anywhere in the surrounding area as long as it is not noted in the RCW's.

Mainsail

imported post

As an aside, I needed some Tequila yesterday and noticed that the NO FIREARMS sign that used to be on the liquor store (6[suP]th[/suP] ave in Tacoma) is no longer there. Is that progress?

joeroket

imported post

Mainsail wrote:
As an aside, I needed some Tequila yesterday and noticed that the NO FIREARMS sign that used to be on the liquor store (6[sup]th[/sup] ave in Tacoma) is no longer there. Is that progress?
I would say that it sounds like progress to me.

Bear 45/70

imported post

phil teters wrote:

The park is not restricted as state preemption says it can't be. Posted or not a law saying no firearms in a city, county or state park just isn't valid and ispreempted.

Agent 47

imported post

joeroket wrote:
Mainsail wrote:
As an aside, I needed some Tequila yesterday and noticed that the NO FIREARMS sign that used to be on the liquor store (6[sup]th[/sup] ave in Tacoma) is no longer there. Is that progress?
I would say that it sounds like progress to me.
State Preemption Strikes again.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Sweet!

Kinda sorry that folks feel the urge to cross the street when they see someone armed. Wonder if they would do that for anyone else who didn't fit into their narrow world view.

I still got a big 'ol grin from your description of the OPD officer:D Haven't ran into any TCSD but looks like they may not have any problems.

As far as the capitol lake goes, carry there. State preemption and all that.

As far as I know one could carry inside the capitol building too. Very few places one cannot pack in this state.

Gotta love the guy who has his priorities straight with his family. There is hope for this town after all.

Great OC evening!

Trigger Dr

imported post

Last weekend at the Puyallup gun show, I had the opportunity to speak with a Sheriffs Deputy from Thurston county. His name escapes me, but I believe he was the Chief Deputy. He picked up a handful of pamphlets and said he would ensure that the rank and file were well aware of OC. He was well informed re the RCW's and very open to speak with. From the conversation we had, I would hazard a guess that he , and Thurston County Sheriff's dept. will not be a problem.

I could be wrong, but doubt it.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
Last weekend at the Puyallup gun show, I had the opportunity to speak with a Sheriffs Deputy from Thurston county. His name escapes me, but I believe he was the Chief Deputy. He picked up a handful of pamphlets and said he would ensure that the rank and file were well aware of OC. He was well informed re the RCW's and very open to speak with. From the conversation we had, I would hazard a guess that he , and Thurston County Sheriff's dept. will not be a problem.

I could be wrong, but doubt it.
Cool. I would imagine then that there won't be any problems from that sector then, although at this point I've stopped worrying. Cops in this county have other things to worry about, like the next time the local "progressive" wackjobs get together and decide to destroy things again.

just_a_car

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
As far as I know one could carry inside the capitol building too. Very few places one cannot pack in this state.
Yes, CC is completely legal with a CPL in the state's capitol building. I've seen the RCW (which escapes me at the moment) and have CC'd there twice when testifying for the House Committe on Higher Education.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

just_a_car wrote:
sv_libertarian wrote:
Yes, CC is completely legal with a CPL in the state's capitol building. I've seen the RCW (which escapes me at the moment) and have CC'd there twice when testifying for the House Committe on Higher Education.
Shouldn't that CC be just "Carry"? :p

Guest1650

imported post

the last two times ive been in olympia. I havnt even seen much LE. But to me it's somewhat like a new pair of shoes.. at first your paranoid about getting them dirty, but then..you just don't care. with OCing. i used to be worried about but now, it's an every day thing.

I think the same analogy could be used for mens under-shorts, as well.. at first you're afraid to get them dirty.. but then you just don't care:celebrate

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

phil teters wrote:
the last two times ive been in olympia. I havnt even seen much LE. But to me it's somewhat like a new pair of shoes.. at first your paranoid about getting them dirty, but then..you just don't care. with OCing. i used to be worried about but now, it's an every day thing.

I think the same analogy could be used for mens under-shorts, as well.. at first you're afraid to get them dirty.. but then you just don't care:celebrate
You know I was going to say something intelligent in reply, but now I just feel tainted....:lol: