Thread: Waffle House OC

Post imported post

I have been open carrying into a Waffle House here in the Beavercreek area on Colonel Glenn Highway across from a Hardees. The night shift crew know me just fine as I stop in after work at 3:00 am in the morning. It's usually busy during this time of the morning and they have placed a security guard or two because of past disputes that have happened. My first experience was when I walked in there and the security guard asks me"You have a permit for the pistol?". I tell him the portion of the premption law and says he is cool with it and we start talking about CCW and OC. No problem at all. I sit back and order. Another experience, this time on Saturday of this week. I come in and sit and the front bar area. It's dead quiet and only 4 people at a booth in the far left corner. The manager comes up and asks me"That a pisol?". I tell her yes and she replies "I thought you were a police man." I tell her about OCing a bit and she picks up on my order. All in all, I have liked the experience I have had with Waffle House staff. I have placed them in my list of friendlies. Has anyone else have had any experiences with Waffle Houses in your area?

Post imported post

Here in Jackson we have two of them (North & South) and both have little signs up saying no firearms allowed. I OCd into the south one a while back during my lunch break from work and a not a word was uttered. I assumed the signs were in every waffle house, are there none in the one you go to?

Post imported post

I OC in the Waffle Houses in Englewood, Huber Heightsand Vandalia all the time. Never seen a sign at them. Nothing on the doors at all.

Post imported post

At ours, we have never had a sign up. Gotta love the food as well.

Post imported post

AFAIK, in the Cincy area there is only one posted Waffle House, at I-75 and Sharon Rd., north part of Hamilton County. No luck convincing them to take it down, but they did at least provide a flimsy, illogical reason as to why.

It seems that on Friday and Saturday nights this one is frequented by ne'er do well gangster typesfrom nearby Lincoln Heights and Woodlawn. I started to get into a discussion of this mindset and realized about ten seconds into my discourse that reasoned discussion was not feasible, due to a communication* problem.

*A very sage old Marine once told me that in order to communicate three criteria must be met.

1) Competent sender (that would be me, no problem there.)

2) Functional receiver (very much in question in this case.)

3) Shared language (also suspect.)

Post imported post

Brian D. schreef:
    It seems that on Friday and Saturday nights this one is frequented by ne'er do well gangster typesfrom nearby Lincoln Heights and Woodlawn.
    There's 50% of the problem. Get together a bunch of idiots and have them frequent any given place. That in and of itself is a recipe for trouble. (I see and hear them everywhere I go -- unfortunately.)

To think that such people would even admit to noticing a conspicuously posted sign is expecting too much IMHO.

I've never been to a Waffle House in Hamilton Co. (I typically go to the one at Rt. 4 & Nilles) but I'll make a mental note not to patronize that one for my own sanity. :P

Post imported post

Karma wrote:
    I have been open carrying into a Waffle House here in the Beavercreek area on Colonel Glenn Highway across from a Hardees. The night shift crew know me just fine as I stop in after work at 3:00 am in the morning. It's usually busy during this time of the morning and they have placed a security guard or two because of past disputes that have happened. My first experience was when I walked in there and the security guard asks me"You have a permit for the pistol?". I tell him the portion of the premption law and says he is cool with it and we start talking about CCW and OC. No problem at all. I sit back and order. Another experience, this time on Saturday of this week. I come in and sit and the front bar area. It's dead quiet and only 4 people at a booth in the far left corner. The manager comes up and asks me"That a pisol?". I tell her yes and she replies "I thought you were a police man." I tell her about OCing a bit and she picks up on my order. All in all, I have liked the experience I have had with Waffle House staff. I have placed them in my list of friendlies. Has anyone else have had any experiences with Waffle Houses in your area?
    I live right down the road from this Waffle House...might have to check it out.