• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tacoma PD

jarhead1911A

imported post

So its 11:13pm And still no TPD, At 10:03 someone within a 2 block radius droped a 7 rd mag rapid fire so i call the cops and go outside to see if someone is in need of help......

Well over an hour later and i still dont see or have been contacted by any law enforcement officer of any kind. Thank god i am armed to the teeth and can protect myself it just goes to prove that self reliance is always a good thing.

TPD will be getting a letter and phone call Tuesday along with every local news crew i can get ahold of. This is complete BS and it shows that TPD had something better todo than to investigate a possible homocide.

I guess the dognut shop was open extra late tonight and shots fired dosnt mean much these days, Shit i dont even live in a bad area or thats what i thought until an hour ago

Guest1650

imported post

When i lived in lakewood, just off of bridgeport. the very same thing happend, I just happend to have had my Ak-47 next to my living room windowsill.. it took LWPD almost 4 minutes to git there, and it this case, a lady was shot IN MY PARKINGLOT. . i didnt see the shooter, but only knew i was going outside without my gun.. My roomate was tending to the lady, and when the police came knocking on our door, along with lakewood swat. they were shocked to see the AK sitting there. and started accusing us of being a bad influence on military personelle.

we also contacted the supervisors, and got a formal apoligy.

jarhead1911A

imported post

Ya at this point i am writting off cops as being able to do there jobs. What do we pay them all that money for?

I know how ya feel i have a M4 next to my bed and i sleep with my 45 so i am ready for anything. and if that doesnt work i will thow my loso ophso at them to buy some time ha ha

Its a shame we cant get the cops to stop trying to make money and start earning it.

All i can say is that someone at TPD is really not going to like me when i am done. I wonder if i can sue them for non performance of there swarn duties?

When you can depend on your farrett more than the local PD there is a serious problem. In all reality had someone been gun down they would be dead by now because no one desided to show up within a decent time frame and on top of that its been almost 2 hours and still not even a cop in the general area.

Its like this, Either do your damn jobs or just send me some body bags and i will do it for you.

hard to believe people actually put any faith into law enforcement and i for one couldnt be a cop with the standards set forward for TPD i cant sit on my ass and do nothing because its to much trouble i guess.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Urgh. Don't know much about TPD...

The courts have ruled time and time again an officer's duty is to society in general, and not to any individual. They are not obligated to respond to the call.

Before getting too upset I would find out what happened with the response first, and why they didn't contact you. Perhaps they had mulitple calls on the same thing, and didn't get in touch with everyone?

Mainsail

imported post

I know, from listening to the scanner, that TPD can be unbelievably busy at times. When important calls go "pending" you can bet it's a busy night. I didn't hear that report but I can tell you TPD responds to 'shots fired' calls a LOT. Sometimes it's kids shooting off fireworks, sometimes it's even Cheney Stadium fireworks, but they usually drive by the area at least.

The calls that come in have to be prioritized, and the report of ‘shots fired’ will be placed lower in the queue than a call where there’s an actual victim. There are only so many officers to go around. Additionally, a domestic dispute takes two officers to respond, so those will always leave them shorthanded. It’s also possible that officers did respond, but responded to the wrong address and reported back that there was nothing they could find.

When you give your address to the police dispatcher, make sure you specify the north, south, east, or west part of it. If you tell them you’re at 100 Tacoma Ave North, they may go to 100 Tacoma Ave South by mistake. (I know because that happened to me when I reported a collision between a car and a motorcycle; the officer went to the wrong end of Tac Ave because the dispatcher didn’t relay the info correctly.)

If you want to know what happened, contact Stacy at the link provided on this page. She will often look in to such things and post it in the blog. Her email address in on the page.

jarhead1911A

imported post

The funny part is that i varified that it WAS gun fire i even told them what cal it was yet nothing.

I am still going to complain and if that dosnt heed any answers i will have every news station up there ass till i get a truthful answer. And yes your correct they have a responsible for safety of the public but someone rapid firing a gunon a city street in my opinion classifies as dangerous to the public.

I cant believe that a demestic problem with only 2 people is more important than somone who could possibly harm or even kill more than 7. I just dont get that logic at all. :banghead:

Bear 45/70

imported post

Tacome is a very unsafe place to live. A lot of criminals and a piss poor police force with even worse leadership and very bad political management add up to as bad or worse than it was in the 1920s and Chicago had nothing on Tacoma then.

deanf

imported post

I just dont get that logic at all.

It's really pretty simple: With a domestic assault in progress or just occured, you have a verified victim. Someone's hurt. Somebody needs to be rescued, and/or needs medical aid, and needs to be apprehended. No assumptions necessary. Absent other reports, the alleged shots fired is a crime with no victim and no suspect information. Police prioritize calls like this:

1: Crimes against persons - in progress
2: Crimes against property - in progress
3: Crimes against persons - occured prior
4: Crimes against property - occured prior

Clearly the DV is a priority 1. The alleged shots fired could also be a priority 1. Even then, all the priority-1's have to be prioritized. Think about it: if you had a crime with a verified victim and a verified suspect at a verified location, and you had a crime with no known victim, and no known suspect, at a general location, where would you send your only two officers? Keep in mind that officers are frequently killed when responding to domestic violence calls.

jarhead1911A

imported post

well i live in sector 4 and they only have 6 officers on at any given time so i guess i need to make some noise about getting more help for these over worked souls and keep vigilant.

compmanio365

imported post

I moved out into the county because I realized that in the 3 months I actually lived in Tacoma, I never once got them to come out when I called. Pierce County Sheriff was there within 5 minutes of my call when I thought someone was breaking into my garage......

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

So what is the moral of this story? The lesson we try to teach everyone that does not have or carry a gun?

"it's better to have a 1911 in your hand than 911 on the phone..."