• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How can I get my wife to....

Seif5034

imported post

thx997303 wrote:
Yeah cool wives are cool. My wife expects me to OC.

She didn't see my gun with me the other day and said "Where's your gun? Go get it.":D:D:D:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:monkey:monkey:monkey
she's a keeper:cool:

thx997303

imported post

My wife was worried about it at first, then I made PROGRESS. a lot of progress real fast.

And yeah I kinda figured she was a keeper. On our first date, I made her elk steak, with a side of strawberries, and we ate it in a camp trailer in the back field at my grandma's house.

She thought it was awesome.

usSiR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

thx997303 wrote:
My wife was worried about it at first, then I made PROGRESS. a lot of progress real fast.

And yeah I kinda figured she was a keeper. On our first date, I made her elk steak, with a side of strawberries, and we ate it in a camp trailer in the back field at my grandma's house.

lol nice...

but the rest of you... come on. Ok well I cant divorce her cuse were not married yet :lol:but were getting married in the 10th next month. She'll just have to get use to guns, I'll never get rid of them

thx997303

imported post

yeah pretty redneck eh? Like I said good luck, My wife didn't agree with me on some important things before, but we've come to some middle ground. It works pretty good.

usSiR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

thx997303 wrote:
yeah pretty redneck eh? Like I said good luck, My wife didn't agree with me on some important things before, but we've come to some middle ground. It works pretty good.
I agree, but there is no middle ground on my life

usSiR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ok I just got this email and thought it was kinda funny for this post

Top 10 Reasons Why Men Prefer Guns Over Women (this is not ment to offend any women on this board)

#10 - You can trade an old 44 for a new 22...

#9 - You can keep one gun at home and have another for when
you are on-the-road...

#8 - If you admire a friend's gun and tell him so, he will
probably let you try it out a few times...

#7 - Your primary gun doesn't mind if you keep another gun
for a backup...

#6 - Your gun will stay with you even if you run out of
ammo...

#5 - A gun doesn't take up a lot of closet space...

#4 - A gun functions normally every day of the month...

#3 - A gun doesn't ask, 'Do these grips make me look
fat?'...

#2 - A gun doesn't mind if you go to sleep after you use
it...

...AND...The #1 reason a gun is favored over a woman......

YOU CAN BUY A SILENCER FOR A GUN!!!

Outsider

imported post

usSiR wrote:
thx997303 wrote:

lol nice...

but the rest of you... come on. Ok well I cant divorce her cuse were not married yet :lol:but were getting married in the 10th next month. She'll just have to get use to guns, I'll never get rid of them

One word of advise...
RUN!

Outsider

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
Outsider wrote:
I had my gun on the coffee table the other day (holstered because I just had taken it off) and my wife and I talked about this. She said that exact same thing, "Guns don't kill people, people kill people" and did that exact same thing of "go ahead, gun, kill!" I love me wife! :D Even though she didn't let me OC at the zoo...

Outsider, that's called progress. 1 step at a time in the RIGHT direction:celebrate

TJ

And not the left because then I'd be Liberal and want to shoot myself. Oh, wait, I'll hate guns and won't have anything to shoot myself with because "guns kill people" and "all guns are bad!" "MORE GUN LAWS!!! MORE GUN LAWS!!!" NOOOO!!!! *wakes up from bad nightmare*

utbagpiper

Banned
imported post

usSiR wrote:
Ok how can I get my wife to be more easy around hand guns, or just guns in general?
My advice, is to stop trying. "A man (and especially a woman) convinced against his will is of the same opinion still." Keep pushing the issue and watch her dig in. Ever tried chasing a horse around a pasture to get a halter on him? Waste of time. And while a horse CAN be roped and forced to comply, a woman cannot. Your only option is a bucket of grain, so to speak.

Do what you are going to do. Respect that she won't be in 100% agreement with everything you do, just as you won't be in 100% agreement with everything she does. Invite (not badger or nag or insist, but invite) her to go with you when you go shooting. And don't be upset if she says no. Seriously consider some smaller guns for her to shoot. It isn't JUST the recoil from a large caliber that can be intimidating. There is the report, the shock wave, the down range effect, the muzzle jump, the muzzle blast, etc. That goes double (or more) for handguns. Even if she wants to, do NOT let her shoot a large caliber handgun until she has handled and shot a .22 or at least a full size .357 loaded with .38 specials.

She may come around, or may not. So long as she is not hostile to what you do, not the highest priority on my list.

Charles

usSiR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

utbagpiper wrote:
usSiR wrote:
Ok how can I get my wife to be more easy around hand guns, or just guns in general?
My advice, is to stop trying. "A man (and especially a woman) convinced against his will is of the same opinion still." Keep pushing the issue and watch her dig in. Ever tried chasing a horse around a pasture to get a halter on him? Waste of time. And while a horse CAN be roped and forced to comply, a woman cannot. Your only option is a bucket of grain, so to speak.

Do what you are going to do. Respect that she won't be in 100% agreement with everything you do, just as you won't be in 100% agreement with everything she does. Invite (not badger or nag or insist, but invite) her to go with you when you go shooting. And don't be upset if she says no. Seriously consider some smaller guns for her to shoot. It isn't JUST the recoil from a large caliber that can be intimidating. There is the report, the shock wave, the down range effect, the muzzle jump, the muzzle blast, etc. That goes double (or more) for handguns. Even if she wants to, do NOT let her shoot a large caliber handgun until she has handled and shot a .22 or at least a full size .357 loaded with .38 specials.

She may come around, or may not. So long as she is not hostile to what you do, not the highest priority on my list.

Charles

Thanks...

thats some of the better advice so far. I know I cant force her to love them, but I would accept it if she accepted me carrying them and at least shooting them before she makes an opinion.

usSiR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ok....

so I went out and about OC'n today, came home still OC'n. She gave me a hug and even bumped into it (the gun).

She didnt even say a word or nothing about it :D

Progress has been made

mmunds

imported post

My wife was severely against guns when we got together. After 17 years she want her own handgun and ccw permit. BABY STEPS!!!!!

Started with buying her and each of the kids a pellet gun and we all had competitions shooting targets when camping. Then one time I bought her a 10/22 and when we were going out to the desert I gave it to her after a little of shooting pellet gunsand we played same familiar target shooting game, told her it was her's after she decided it was OK.

7 years later she wanted to trythe little 22 semi auto handgun I "happened to borrow" from my sister. She liked it and then about a year later she wanted to try my Kimber with target loads.

Now she wants a 9mm Kimber stainless pro carry II to get used to and be good with first before taking her CCW class. No pushing involved, just carefully and patiently orchestrated set of baby steps to get there.

thx997303

imported post

That's pretty similar to the way I got my wife into shooting. Started with the .22 though. No bb guns.

I had to convince her even to shoot that, and she liked it, so I got her to shoot my .38 which she liked as well. Now She wants to try my Mosin and SKS, and is even thinking about shooting the 12 Ga.

I think I would rather get her a decent 20 Ga. in a pump action. I don't want her to be put off shotguns. I may even borrow a .410 to start. But my 12 Ga is a lightweight single shot, with no padding on the butt whatsoever.