• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oak Harbor...

G

imported post

Does anybody oc in Oak Harbor on a regular basis? I live out in the country probably 5miles or so from the city limits and oc when I walk my dog on the road with no problem so far.Don't know if that is because drivers really haven't noticed my carrying when they drive by or not. Haven't been in town yet nor doI quite have the fortitude to do so yet!

Dave

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Dukester wrote:
Does anybody oc in Oak Harbor on a regular basis? I live out in the country probably 5miles or so from the city limits and oc when I walk my dog on the road with no problem so far.Don't know if that is because drivers really haven't noticed my carrying when they drive by or not. Haven't been in town yet nor doI quite have the fortitude to do so yet!

Dave
Gotta be a first time for everything. If I kept waiting for someone else to OC regularly in Oly...:)

Where in OH are you? I grew up out in the sticks a few miles from Deception Pass. One of these days I'm gonna head up that way again for the heck of it.

I would make like Nike and "just do it." Follow some of the examples here if you are detained by cops. Follow their instructions, get their names, get a supervisor, explain the law. If they still give you grief, make a formal complaint, again citing the laws. Reference all the existing training bulletins from various cities. It may take a little pushing on your part if OHPD has problems, but it shouldn't be too hard.

In fact go ahead and OC, but there is nothing wrong with a nice letter to the Chief of Police asking what training officers there have had on the legalities of OC. Cite applicable facts as needed to reinforce that OC is legal.

And if all else fails... I know a lawyer who sues police departments :p

G

imported post

I live just down from Greenes Gunshop on Monkey Hill RD, about a mile from the Pass...

Dave

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Dukester wrote:
I live just down from Greenes Gunshop on Monkey Hill RD, about a mile from the Pass...

Dave
Sweet. I didn't live too far from there myself. I forget the roads now, but i was just a couple of miles off of HWY 20, about a mile north of the strawberry fields.

Green's still a going concern? Last time I was there was years ago, and I was shooting my 10/22 and a .22 revolver. Guys next to me also had a 10/22 and were rapid firing it while I was shooting the revolver. Just as someone comes out to yell at whoever was rapid firing, I had just picked up the 10/22 and the folks next to me had no rifle in their hands. Guess who got yelled at? :D

Heck, I would just break down and carry in the city limits. I used to carry a couple of cased longarms with me when I was 19 on the bus, and around town if I was going shooting afterwards (no car)

Never had any problems. Went into K-Mart onetime to get a brick of shells, and left the .22 at the front counter:)