• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Best buy turning around?

jbone

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
Ajetpilot wrote:
Adverse effect???????? How can you be arrested for doing something that's legal? If you have your commander's permission to do then do it. How to get permission,just ask, the worse he can do is say no. Way back when I was still on active duty, I got into racing in a big way, but I had a letter of permission from my commander so no matter what happened , I was covered.
Makes sense, I think I'll give him the courtsy heads up, thatI will be starting to OC.

Bear 45/70

imported post

Sea_Chicken wrote:
I dont ask permision from my command because i am just excercising a legal right and not protesting, I am simply following the law.
Well back in my military days, I got into drag racing. I did get a letter of permission for my commander ( raced on and off base), because then as now you are on duty 24/7. As it turned out, at the strip one ofternoon, Itripped and started to fall on my oldest child who I was carrying. I twisted to protect her and shattered my right wrist and broke the arm. When they disabled me out4 years later, since I had the letter of permission they addedanother 10% to my disability for the wristwhich gets me more money and a higher level of care. So it is never stupid to have the old man's permission.