• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Virginia Beach Oceanfront/Boardwalk

C45P312

imported post

Was wondering if anyone has OC'd before in the hieght of the season?

With it drawing massive amounts of tourist, would OC be more scarce?

Thanks for your input

-Carlo

denwego

imported post

Yep! I was down there on the boardwalk around 7pm on Saturday. Not even a second look in my direction, best I could tell.

As we were leaving, a car with NJ plates was pulling slowly through the street, looking for a parking spot. Since it's expensive to park down there in the summer when you're lucky enough to even find a spot in the first place, I got out of my car, waved her down, and told her we were leaving and had 40 minutes on our meter. When she had parked, she shouted back in a very heavy NJ accent, "Wow, people're never this friendly where we're from!" Even those from near-hopeless states are decent here!

C

ccloud43

imported post

I dont normally go to the oceanfront during the summer because i hate large crowds and traffic, at leastduring the day. Me and the wife have gone there at night and have not had any problems. But since they do have a lot of fights when the bars let out I would not be down there at that time.

steveforopen

imported post

Feel free to carry on the Virginia Beach boardwalk. I OC'd there a year ago on vacation with family with no problems and hardly any stares.

Even though it will be crowded, if you carry yourself well and dress appropriately then I don't think you'll be bothered in the least.

C45P312

imported post

Cool deal. I work down there and sometimes I gotta stop in work and I'm carrying. I def won't be there when bars close. It's really annoying with the cop presence along with the stupid fights and bickering

vtme_grad98

imported post

I've open carried during the art festival on the boardwalk, as well as during Neptune Fest. In fact, the Art festival is coming up on the 12th of June. I wish I was going to be in the country to open carry there again this time around.

Chkultr

imported post

I oc on the board walk! Neptune Fest, rock and roll half marathon, while I skate the boardwalk for my marathons! Oc all you want! Just don't use foul language! The signs say so!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

OC on the boardwalk, shops and restaurants at Virginia Beach.
Yata hey