• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

range day

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

I'll be at American Shooters around 3pm today if anyone wants to swing by. Will be teaching a friend how to use XS Big Dot Sights and generally how Glocks work.

If ya want, swing by or PM me...

Vegas_Dave

imported post

Man I would love to, just that whole damn work thing

Did take my older brother to AS on Sunday. He had never shot a handgun before. We were using my Glock 19C. He can be a jittery kind of guy and so after he finished emptying his first 15 round magazine, he was done for the day.

His hands were trembling. He was surprised how much recoil there was (from a Glock 19C?).

I teased him, calling him names based on female genetalia.

I finished off the 150 rounds that we brought and called it a day.

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

Vegas_Dave wrote:
Man I would love to, just that whole damn work thing

Did take my older brother to AS on Sunday. He had never shot a handgun before. We were using my Glock 19C. He can be a jittery kind of guy and so after he finished emptying his first 15 round magazine, he was done for the day.

His hands were trembling. He was surprised how much recoil there was (from a Glock 19C?).

I teased him, calling him names based on female genetalia.

I finished off the 150 rounds that we brought and called it a day.

My lady friend shoots my SP2340 like a champ... but she is STILL afraid of the BANG and flinches every time.. this is after almost 1000 rounds since I've been teaching her. Even with the Glock 19 she does it. She can handle the recoil but grouping is all over the place... "heart sized groupsas fast as you can shoot them"doesn't seem to be clear enough. I thinkSHE thinks that's a way of me saying "shoot faster":cuss:which is totally NOT what I mean.

A year ago the sight of a gun would literally make her vomit.. now she can't get enough of them :D

--

Anyway, yesterday was a lot of fun... but as always, public ranges can be scary sometimes.

Some newb in the lane to my left was attempting to fire a ruger p95.. I say attempting because, well... it never actually fired. He filled the mag, charged the weapon, pulled the trigger... nothing. Then the mag wouldn't come out?!? After spittin' cussin' and banging it on the bench a few times (his personal gun) the range master came over to help him.

The weapon was so full of grease that it wouldn't go into battery.. hell, the slide would bearly close!He had to finally rip the mag out of the well and pull very hard on the slide to get the round out, which bent it inhalf when exiting! The Range master asked himwhy the hell was it full of grease? His response was "I don't know I just bought it a month ago..."He was told to go home and clean it as exlained in the manual and not to shoot or even load it until then.

That was the first Shitbird.

My lady friend and I were sharring a lane and she was leaning against the back window when it was my turn to shoot.A youngercouple in the laneto ourright were trading off with the same lane. Woman had a Glock19,Man had a Glock22 they rented. Both of them had no idea what the hell they were doing and were giving each other bad advice. Was pretty amusing to watch.

The chick was pulling the classic: obtain sight picture, line up sights, close eyes/turn head, squeeze trigger and jump. Every time.

The guy was justjerking the trigger and allowing full travel each time. He'd shoot a round then drop his sights a bit to see where he shot.... this was at the first line of the ground, which is like 10 feet. I told him about the trigger reset on Glocks, but he didn't seem to get it.

Both of their groups were allover the place and I'mpretty sure the chick hit the ceeling a few times.

Then there was a group of college jocks at the end of the range with a video camera and an MP5 they rented... Just a giant bag of douche IMHO. (not the weapon, the guys.)