• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

not really about OPEN carry...

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

...but carry your damn smoke wagon... I don't care if itis your wedding.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,358106,00.html

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. — An apparent stranger shot the bride, groom and two other people at an outdoor wedding in rural Arkansas, then was arrested after being chased by outraged guests, a sheriff's official said Sunday.[/b]

The wedding was just ending Saturday when the suspect approached with a 9 mm pistol and opened fire, Pope County sheriff's Lt. Aaron DuVall said. No one else was hurt.

About 50 people, including children, had attended the ceremony along Piney Creek north of Dover at a spot the lieutenant said was popular for picnicking and swimming. Dover is 64 miles northwest of Little Rock.

The suspect "was not associated with the wedding at all," DuVall said. "No one knew him."

Police arrested Patrick Paul Duvall, 29, after a he was chased into a Russellville restaurant parking lot, said the sheriff's lieutenant, who is not related to the suspect.

DuVall declined to identify the four people who were injured, but he said the bride, groom and a third victim remained in the hospital Sunday. One victim was treated and released.

Without the victims' names, it wasn't possible to get information from hospitals on the patients' conditions.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
So, have we had any members of OCDO who open carried at their wedding? :D
I haven't yet, but I'm planning on it. My girlfriend doesn't like the idea, but I think a nice nickle plated, custom engraved 1911 would go very well with a wedding tux :D. I wish I could find the video, but I saw a clip on AFV of a "cowboy" wedding where everyone is open carrying revolvers. When they ask if anyone wants to object to the marriage, a man stands up to object and the best man draws and shoots him (using blanks, of course) then the minister says "anyone else?" lol.

ScottyT

imported post

Most wedding I go to I am an employee of the bride or groom's parents (I am a photographer). On wedding days I leave my XD in the car and carry my wife's KelTec P3AT clipped IWB. Never let yourself be an unarmed victim! How is it that 50 people in Arkansas were all unarmed?

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ScottyT wrote:
Most wedding I go to I am an employee of the bride or groom's parents (I am a photographer). On wedding days I leave my XD in the car and carry my wife's KelTec P3AT clipped IWB. Never let yourself be an unarmed victim! How is it that 50 people in Arkansas were all unarmed?
Generally speaking felons cannot own firearms.

This occurred in Arkansas.

Incest is a felony in Arkansas:
5-26-202. Incest.
SNIP
(c)
Incest is a Class C felony.

Ipso facto - 50 people at a wedding in Arkansas all unarmed. :celebrate