View Poll Results: Vote for the county in which you would like us to adopt in.

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Box Elder

2 7.14%
  • Weber

1 3.57%
  • Davis

5 17.86%
  • Salt Lake

9 32.14%
  • Utah

10 35.71%
  • Juab

0 0%
  • Millard

0 0%
  • Beaver

0 0%
  • Iron

0 0%
  • Washington

1 3.57%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where should we Adopt-A-Highway?

Post imported post

Recently we have been organizing meet-ups at local restaurants in an effort to get to know one another in person and bring some public attention to our cause. At the last get-together, one of our members suggested that we give something back to the community instead of just sitting down to a meal for every meet. The comment was met with positive response and the majority of people seemed to think that we should become involved in the Adopt-A-Highway program.

Please vote on which county you would like us to adopt a highway in. This should help us determine which area would have consistent high turn out for service projects. I have only listed counties along the I-15 route. If you would like Cache county, please vote for Box Elder as they straddle I-15 and I could only list 10 options.

Post imported post

Like I said in UCC, I voted for Utah County because that is where I live, but willing to travel to Salt Lake County as long as it isn't NORTH NORTH SL County.
    Charles A. Hall, self-proclaimed Lone Eagle || Carry: Kahr CW40
    Lone Eagle Observer (http://www.charlesahall.us)
    Facebook Page || http://twitter.com/CharlesAHall

Post imported post

After voting Box Elder (Cache), I got to thinking, I would go as far south as northern Weber county. But as I see it. with the wide geographic distribution of individuals on this forum, the answer would be to pick multiple stretches, perhaps one in Weber county, one in south Salt Lake or Utah counties. But even with that, there remains the question of how many people would participate and where they live. To select an area that has at least 10 people within say 30-50 miles, or possibly closer with gas going ever higher would be the logical approach.

Post imported post

I heard on the news today that Utah is going to try to clean up the highways more, but didn't get to stick around to see that story. I'll see if I can't find it on their website and post it.

Post imported post

Well, Salt Lake County is by far the favorite over on UCC, but it seems that Utah county is the favorite here. The problem is, we only have 11 votes here - hardly representative of the Utah users.

PLEASE VOTE!!!

When we reach 25 votes I will count that as sufficient.

Post imported post

i voted...

Post imported post

Come on... Utah members! We gotta reach 25! There have to be more than 14 Utah users on OCDO!

Post imported post

Made my vote..

Post imported post

GeneticsDave wrote:
    Come on... Utah members! We gotta reach 25! There have to be more than 14 Utah users on OCDO!
    Now 15! :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Post imported post

Got my Vote!
    ”The great body of our citizens shoot less as times goes on. We should encourage rifle practice among schoolboys, and indeed among all classes, as well as in the military services by every means in our power. Thus, and not otherwise, may we be able to assist in preserving peace in the world… The first step – in the direction of preparation to avert war if possible, and to be fit for war if it should come – is to teach men to shoot!”
    ~President Theodore Roosevelt

Post imported post

And three more!

Post imported post

UT and SL Counties are so close! We have to reach 25... I have to believe that we have at least 25 Utahns on OCDO... If not, that is sad, really sad.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

GeneticsDave wrote:
    UT and SL Counties are so close! We have to reach 25... I have to believe that we have at least 25 Utahns on OCDO... If not, that is sad, really sad.
    There are 65 listed as Utah...

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_us...mp;country=USA

Post imported post

But only 16/65 have more than 50 posts... and 26 have less than 5 posts. so 18 might be all we get as many of the 65 are not very active.

Post imported post

Before committing to Adopt-a-highway, with these numbers it might be a good idea to just decide on a public park either in southern Salt Lake or northern Utah county, since more than 70 percent of those responding are from one of those two counties, and see what the turnout is like to clean up litter around the park. If there is consistently more than 10 or 12 showing up, then consider adopting a highway, or, just keep choosing different parks like switching restaurants for dinner meets...... You could still notify the media for a photo op, and develop some good PR publicity at the same time..... Especially if nearly everyone showed up wearing OCDO T-shirts......

A little surprising nobody has polled UCC for interest in participating......

Being from Cache valley, a hundred miles each way would be kinda far for me to participate, especially with gas at $4, $7, $21 a gallon.......

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

colormered wrote:
    Before committing to Adopt-a-highway, with these numbers it might be a good idea to just decide on a public park either in southern Salt Lake or northern Utah county, since more than 70 percent of those responding are from one of those two counties, and see what the turnout is like to clean up litter around the park. If there is consistently more than 10 or 12 showing up, then consider adopting a highway, or, just keep choosing different parks like switching restaurants for dinner meets...... You could still notify the media for a photo op, and develop some good PR publicity at the same time..... Especially if nearly everyone showed up wearing OCDO T-shirts......

A little surprising nobody has polled UCC for interest in participating......

Being from Cache valley, a hundred miles each way would be kinda far for me to participate, especially with gas at $4, $7, $21 a gallon.......
    Actually the thread is here http://www.utahconcealedcarry.com/fo...=33&t=2401

Post imported post

Yeah, I ran a poll on both forums. We have WAY more people on UCC responding and SL County is bar far the most popular. I would just like the OCDO poll to be significant.

Post imported post

Did you guys do this already?

Whats the status on the Adoption? Just wondering..

Post imported post

Dave and I both tried contacting the Adopt-a-Highway people, but neither of us had any luck.

Post imported post

They got back to me, but didn't have any openings on I-15 in SL County. There were a few out of the way places, but I haven't gotten the feedback that people wanted to do that, so the idea has fallen stagnant for the moment.

Post imported post

I voted! But i was thinking, I live in Brigham city and another guy in cache valley. we wanna be as much a part as this as everyone else but if its to far away it would be really hard to help out. Is it possible to meet in the middle?

Post imported post

I'm just excited to see the sign:

"Next 3 miles of HWY adopted/cared for: Open Carriers of Utah"

lol - somethin' like that, maybe a bit more eloquent.

Post imported post

No, next three miles of HWY adopted and cared for by........People with guns.

Cut down on speeding.

Post imported post

thx997303 wrote:
    ...Cut down on speeding....

ya - cut down on littering too. lol

Post imported post

OK. I cast my vote. I liked all the ideas of a signs that says we carry guns. We definately need to get this into the public's eye more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast