• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ohio in general and Columbus Zoo

JohnKelly

imported post

Will be traveling by car to the Dayton/Columbus area soon, and plan to visit the Columbus zoo with my family. I have two questions:

1) Is the "Buckeye tuck" still required when traveling in a vehicle in Ohio (i.e. exposing weapon while in car as required by law)?

2) Is CCW allowed at the Columbus Zoo, or are metal detectors present, etc.?

Thanks

SWhetsel

imported post

I dont know about the Zoo, but you dont have to do the "tuck" anymore.

PS I went to Cedar Point and they didnt even have metal detectors or bag searches, so I would be surprised if the Zoo does.

edit: by no longer needing to expose the weapon I mean if you have your CCW.

JSK333

imported post

1) no tuck needed, concealed in holster on person in vehicle is legal with CHL

2) if Columbus Zoo is owned by the city, then they cannot post the Zoo grounds, but they must post any buildings inside the Zoo (falls under government-owned buildings).