• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

thoughts on Tokarev vs CZ 52

Legba

imported post

The Czech version of the 7.62 x 25 (the CZ 52) is +P rated, the Soviet and other satellite country versions of the Tokarev, not. That's the principal difference. Most of the Czech ammo is "hot" and designed for use with the CZ, not the Tokarev. They're both durable pieces otherwise, with that rule in mind. I'm kind of a .30-cal whore anyway (no relation to "30-cal slut" in the forum), and almost all Soviet weapons fit the bill. The had limited tooling capabilities at their arsenals and settled on that as a standard. Fine with me.

-ljp