• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moving to Washington in the next year or so

Charles Paul Lincoln

imported post

I'll throw in my votes for Shelton, Castle Rock, Naches, and Colville. Two in the rain, and two in the sun. It really depends on what kind of climate you are looking for -- the rain on the west side drives some people away. The east side is definitely more rural, and property is much less expensive there.

There are so many beautiful, rural areas in Washington -- but those within an hour of a large urban center are quickly building up because most people will commute that far. To find something affordable, you may need to stretch that hour a bit.

Charles