• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Standoff Over in Hales Corners, WI 620WTMJ.com No no-knock warrant necessary.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/19276619.html

Police in Hales Corners have taken three people into custody after a standoff there overnight. The standoff started when police responded to a report of shots fired in a homenear 118th Street andIndian Trail Road.

Apparently three people in the home, two 19-year-olds and a 21-year-old,had fired some shots around 1 this morning and then went to bed. The 21-year-old was apparently playing around with the gun and decided to shoot it.

When police responded, they apparently never knocked on the door. Instead they tried calling the home and had no luck. During the time police were trying to call the home, officerscalled in the swat team and began to evacuate the neighbors as a precaution.

Around 8:30 this morning, the guys finally woke up, realized what was going on outside, and peacefully left with the cops. All three were arrested for possessing a firearm and firing it.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/19276619.html

Police in Hales Corners have taken three people into custody after a standoff there overnight. The standoff started when police responded to a report of shots fired in a homenear 118th Street andIndian Trail Road.

Apparently three people in the home, two 19-year-olds and a 21-year-old,had fired some shots around 1 this morning and then went to bed. The 21-year-old was apparently playing around with the gun and decided to shoot it.

When police responded, they apparently never knocked on the door. Instead they tried calling the home and had no luck. During the time police were trying to call the home, officerscalled in the swat team and began to evacuate the neighbors as a precaution.

Around 8:30 this morning, the guys finally woke up, realized what was going on outside, and peacefully left with the cops. All three were arrested for possessing a firearm and firing it.
QFT

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$

bobcat

imported post

Presumably the shots were fired outside, else the report(s) would not have been heard and subsequently called in?

Milwaukee County Ordinance of some color?

And the illegal part is what?

Please enlighten me as I'm accustomed to being able to walk out the back door and rip off rounds. :cool:

Weak 9mm

imported post

It must have been within the city limits, that's the only thing I can think of. That's probably why the neighbors were evacuated and what not.

I am very glad that this situation was resolved without the needless execution of the "criminals" in question, as I think that most certainly could have happened with a no knock raid. The individual who made the decision to just wait until they responded should be commended. I wish more people thought like he does. If they did one person I knew might still be alive.

Brigdh

imported post

bobcat wrote:
Presumably the shots were fired outside, else the report(s) would not have been heard and subsequently called in?

Milwaukee County Ordinance of some color?

And the illegal part is what?

Please enlighten me as I'm accustomed to being able to walk out the back door and rip off rounds. :cool:
discharging a firearm anywhere in Milwaukee county (duplicate laws exist for each city, so they hit you twice) that is not licenced and zoned as such (gun range) is illegal.

Remember, under preemption counties and cities can regulate the discharge of firearms