• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Thigh Rig Holster

marine2000

imported post

I have done alot of searching for a thigh rig holster and was unable to find any particular make or model for my S&W.40 MP.

I browsed through www.uscalvary.com but was unsuccessful ....

Does any here have any recommendations .....?????????????????????????????

Your help will be highly appreciated ..Thank You

caltain

imported post

I'll chase one down for you. A good tactical holster is more about features than brands. Look for one that is adjustable for length of drop from the belt. Also, the leg loop should be adjustable and secure, with any buckles on the front of the leg, rather than the back. It gets uncomfortable if you drive or sit and the hardware is on the bottom side.

If you're planning to OC with a tactical holster, I would advise against it. It will draw negative attention from LEOs and maybe from the population as well. Also, it could be used against you in court. A good prosecutor will ask if you were intending to go to war.

Dan aka caltain

FogRider

imported post

Blackhawk has a nice one that their Serpa rigs bolt on to. I have no idea if you can get a Serpa for your gun, I'll let you look. caltain is dead on about the features, and the Blackhawk thigh rig I have has all of those that he mentioned. Another nice thing it has is quick disconnects so you can take the entire rig off and leave the belt loops on your belt, which is nice if you need to remove it for a little while. The one thing I don't agree with caltain on is the negative attention. I may just be getting luck, but I have had zero negative attention wearing mine around town. You might want to search the forums for "thigh holster" or "thigh rig", there have been a few discussions about it.

caltain

imported post

Did some looking. If you have the full size M & P, then pretty much anything that says it fits larger double stack pistols. If you have the compact, you'll have a challenge finding one, 'cause the thigh rigs are made for full size pistols. Just check the return policy, in case...

Dan aka caltain

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I don't use a drop leg very often and almost exclusively when working on our rural property, hiking and camping so I got a cheapy for like $15 that fits a lot of different guns and does what I need it to do for now and does have the mentioned features.

I mention that to ask this: For what purposes do you plan to use it? Do you just need a functional cheapy or a high quality one for daily carry or tactical classes.

marine2000

imported post

Well i need something for everyday use ........

I am using at momenta Galco ( Hip Rig),...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The problem i am having at moment is trying to find a thigh righ that will hold my sidearm properly ......

I would recommend that you check

http://www.uscav.com/category.aspx?catid=1043&TabID=137

I get a little confused as to choosing which one suits my particualr model...as they only have so many listed models such asGlock, Beretta

Tac-Man

imported post

Hey brother,I have been to four tactical schools and fired hundreds of rounds from my safariland 6005 and 6004.I have tried others but none beat them. The draw is better and smoother. If you plan to run with it, the locking device is very good and will hold the pistol in place with no movement. The latch to move the hood from atop the pistol is in perfect alinement with your thumb.Simple hand movement can be practiced to hit the latch and move the hood at the same time.I am sure they make these holsters for your model.:lol:

marine2000

imported post

thank you tac-man..>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been doing some researching here and quite honestly it just seems that the S&W MP .40model is still fresh out of the box.

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

marine2000 wrote:

I have done alot of searching for a thigh rig holster and was unable to find any particular make or model for my S&W.40 MP.

I browsed through http://www.uscalvary.com but was unsuccessful ....

Does any here have any recommendations .....?????????????????????????????

Your help will be highly appreciated ..Thank You

this should work: http://www.copsplus.com/prodnum1613.php

ODA 226

imported post

As much as I despise drop-leg holsters for OC, I do have a Safariland 6004 and it is a top-quality (EXPENSIVE) holster. If you choose to carry with a drop-leg, however, the 6004 is as good as they come.