• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CHL comes in handy

SetivaSicWood

imported post

Here's a story you don't hear everyday.

I had just left a supplier in McMinville with a load of rock. As I was in the throws of dealing with other logistical issues via nextel direct connect, I failed to deploy my automotive PPE (seat belt). I wasn't on the public road more than 5 seconds when a Yamhill Co Sheriff spies my "crime' , whips a U turn and promptly pulls me over.

Of course I was belted when he arrived at my window, but Alas I was caught and i wasn't going to start this encounter off by lying.

He tells me "There is nationally funded mandate to enforce seat belt compliance." While he admitted it's not a part of his job he enjoys, he gave me a heads up their wouldn't be much he could do to prevent my getting a ticket.

So he takes my license and proof of ins and heads back to his cruiser. I'm thinking... Great I gotta explain this to my wife, that I threw away $100.00. probably gonna cut into my ability to buy that new steel head pole I've been coveting.

The Sheriff walks back and says "I have some good news for you". "Huh" I replied.

"Because you have a CHL and I know there are a lot of hoops you have to jump through, and by having one your a good citizen..... I'm not going to give you a ticket.

I couldn't believe whatI was hearing! He asked if I was caring and I told him no, companypolicy doesn't allowme to carry at work. He's stated that was dumb. If you go to all thetrouble to get licensed you should be able to. I agreed but because it was private property issue not public I had to comply.

The fact I am landscaping the new Police station in McMinville had nothing to do with getting off, it was all because this officer was good fella with his head screwed on correctly.

IdahoCorsair

State Researcher
imported post

If we're to receive 'special' treatment, then that's the kind of treatment we should get! Way to go Mr. Officer! :celebrate

GJD

imported post

SetivaSicWood wrote:

I had just left a supplier in McMinville with a load of rock.
Wow, If I were you I would be glad that you didn;t get busted for all of that cocaine! :dude:

NaT805

Opt-Out Members
imported post

GJD wrote:
SetivaSicWood wrote:

I had just left a supplier in McMinville with a load of rock.
Wow, If I were you I would be glad that you didn;t get busted for all of that cocaine! :dude:

You mean crack? haha. That came to my mind too.