• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Woman arrested for gun at airport"

Weak 9mm

imported post

Very short news article regarding a .22LR accidentally brought into airport in baggage.

http://news14.com/content/headlines/596069/woman-arrested-for-gun-at-airport/Default.aspx

01zercoe_mug.jpg

Sheila Zercoe
RALEIGH -- A traveler was arrested Monday at Raleigh/Durham International Airport after authorities found a handgun in her bag.

Sheila Zercoe was reportedly carrying a loaded .22-caliber. She told police that she forgot it was in her carry-on.

Operations at the airport were not affected by her arrest.

Dahwg

imported post

Weak 9mm wrote:
Very short news article regarding a .22LR accidentally brought into airport in baggage.

http://news14.com/content/headlines/596069/woman-arrested-for-gun-at-airport/Default.aspx

RALEIGH -- A traveler was arrested Monday at Raleigh/Durham International Airport after authorities found a handgun in her bag.

Sheila Zercoe was reportedly carrying a loaded .22-caliber. She told police that she forgot it was in her carry-on.

Operations at the airport were not affected by her arrest.
You're not kidding, it is really short.

Weak 9mm

imported post

I mostly posted it for the picture. She's looking good!

I also find it funny that she "forgot." I also like the big bad .22 caliber handgun. Who knows, maybe it was a Kel-Tec PLR-16? :lol:

Dahwg

imported post

Weak 9mm wrote:
I mostly posted it for the picture. She's looking good!

I also find it funny that she "forgot." I also like the big bad .22 caliber handgun. Who knows, maybe it was a Kel-Tec PLR-16? :lol:

You mean this one?

01zercoe_mug.jpg

LEO 229

imported post

I have been packing a long time now..... I do not know what must be on your mind to FORGET you have a gun and you are about to go get on an aircraft!!!

Best of luck to her. I know they do not play when it comes to this type of violation.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

She will not go to GITMO.

I do essentially forget that I am carrying my gun at times the same way I forget that I am carrying my cell phone and the same way I have forgotten that I am caryring a pocket knife and have had to sacrifice a few to security checkpoints over the last several years. But forgetting a gun in your luggage? Now that is a different level of not paying attention.

Weak 9mm

imported post

I don't really think she will go there either, but as far as I can tell there really is nothing stopping them if they want to send her.

That sucks about the pocket knives btw. I almost "got in trouble" for that myself a few weeks ago. It's kind of ridiculous IMO, but that's the current situation with a lot of things.

xdfan

imported post

I appreciate the brevity and 'no big deal' nature of the article - which it isn't, at least to me. How many people get stopped for prohibited stuff in their bags every day though, and don't make the news?