Thread: Home Invasion in Henderson

Post imported post

Six People Arrested In Connection With Henderson Home Invasion

http://www.ktnv.com/global/story.asp?s=8386769

There were some tense momentsfor a Henderson family after police say several suspects broke into their home and shot a man inside.

It happenednear Horizon Ridge and Valle Verde.

Action News reporter Jeff Gradney has more details on the crime.

Police say while only two men broke in, they have arrested four otherpeoplethey say are also involved in the crime.

Monday night, violent mayhem rockedan exclusive gated community in Henderson.

It started when police saytwo men broke into a home to rob its residents, a70 -year -old woman and her 50 -year -old husband.

Police say one of the robbers shot the husband and then when officers arrived, that gunman then shot himself.

According to police,they believe this was not a random crime.

They believe sinceit was a gated community, thereisa good chance the suspects got in by jumping overa security wall.

One of the suspects jumped over the wall to get away and ended up running intoa restaurant where Robert Derringer works.

"He came in, he was sweating andout of breath. He had some cuts on his arms so we kind of knew there was something not quite right," said Robert Derringer, a former North Carolina State Trooper.

"He was trying to act calm but with my former training,I knew something was not quite right. SoI thought I shouldcontact the police just to be on the safe side," explained Robert.

Police say they got another break in the case shortly after the crime when they made a traffic stop.

Police arrested one woman and three other men they say are also connected to the crime.

In all,Henderson Police ended up catching a total of six people they believe planned the crime.

While the homeowner shot is expected to fully recover, officials say it does not look good for the suspect police say shot himself.

Stay tuned to Action News as we monitor developing news around the Valley.

---

Anyone else carry at home?

Post imported post

I dont carry at home but it is always close by. It is either in my laptop bag (within about 3 seconds reach, or under my bed when I go to sleep.

However, this story has made me think more about carrying on my when at home.

Activist Member

Post imported post

A lot of times I carry when I'm at home.Sometimes its on my nightstand, especially when I'm asleep butthere are other times and other reasons too why it might be there. More rarely sometimes it's on the deskby my PC.

Post imported post

I have been practicing my concealed carry at home, but lately I have been open carrying OWB. I am starting to do this more and more as I read about incidents like this.

Post imported post

My room mate makes fun of my because I bring my glock when I take a shower. it sits on the back of the toilet.

Post imported post

Bravo_Sierra wrote:
    My room mate makes fun of my because I bring my glock when I take a shower. it sits on the back of the toilet.
    I'm new here, but I think I'll fit in just fine. I put my XD on the counter next to the toilet.

Post imported post

AnakinsKid wrote:
    Bravo_Sierra wrote:
    I'm new here, but I think I'll fit in just fine. I put my XD on the counter next to the toilet.
    Welcome to the board! I like to stir ****, or that seems to be the opinion people have of me.... so no offense in advance.

Post imported post

Not to bring an old topic forward, but I carry 99% of the time @ home. I have 3 options as CC pistols, and they are all relatively comfortable, so I just wear them all the time. I barely, if at all, notice I have them unless I"m stretched out on the sofa watching a movie with the wife or something, and then I'll pull the holster off and set the holstered weapon on the coffee table, within arms reach.

No kids.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Same here, though I'm usually OC at home, for even more comfort.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I carry 100% of the time at home. Whether I'm CC or OC that day, it stays on until the clothes come off for bed.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Bravo_Sierra wrote:
    SNIP Welcome to the board! I like to stir ****, or that seems to be the opinion people have of me.... so no offense in advance.
    Well then, don't bother advertising on this board to sell that gun you take into the bathroom.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.