Thread: Gun carrying Ladies

Post imported post

I was thinking, there are women out there who carry sidearms, but most of the posts appear to be men. It would be interesting to hear from the ladies out there who carry and what they think about it.

Post imported post

i asked my gf about carrying last night and she is pro carry but she doesn't like OC for whatever reason. she says that when she turns 21 she'll probably get her CPL and keep one hidden

Post imported post

my wife back in october got her GFL. thought she needed it for carrying a gun in the car. in georgia a GFL is for carrying on you. she knows better of course :-)
    you know she still hasn't been to the range to fire it :-/ bad!

Post imported post

My wife wants to OC, but she doesn't have a holster for her gun yet.

Post imported post

Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

here's 2 ladies carrying

Post imported post

My wife CCs all the time.

Post imported post

XD40coyote wrote:
    here's 2 ladies carrying

XD40 - what are your bracelets and necklace made from? At first glance when you posted the pic in your thread I thought it was spent cartridges, but now seeing it again here, I'm not so sure anymore (I'm sure it is more an issue of my screen resolution rather than my eyesight and age).
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

Yes they are the brass casings, pictured are 9mm on one bracelet, .45 on the other, and the choker is also 9mm.

There is a woman named Tess also on this board who OC's, hopefully she can come to this thread to say her thing LOL

The OP asks what do us ladies think of carrying? For me, well that was my first time in public, andI found it liberating. For CC, I have yet to do that in public due to not having a carry lisc yet, I'll probably take a while to get used to it, but after that I may just be the same old me! Always cautious and looking around me, and a bit high strung. I will carry in PA where I do everything anyway, so don't bother to ask the old " but you live in MD and I know its hard to get a carry lisc there!". Yes, I know it's hard LOL!

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

To paraphrase BobCav

My name is Tess, and I'm an open carrier.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Tess wrote:
    To paraphrase BobCav

Which part are you paraphrasing? That he declares himself an open carrier?Or, that he calls himself Tess?

C'mon. Spill. Give us the dirt!

I might believe he calls himself, "Tessio"as in caporegime to Godfather Vito Corleone. Is that what you were paraphrasing?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Meet my wife
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post imported post

Meet my daughter
    Attached Images Attached Images

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Tess wrote:
    To paraphrase BobCav

<in unison> Hi Tess!

Post imported post

Lol, Open carriers anonymous.

Post imported post

thx997303 wrote:
    Meet my daughter
    Think of the children! :celebrate

Post imported post

This is just wrong in so many ways, but humorous, the Gun is almost big as her, oh by the way where are her eyes? Glasses?

Post imported post

Very nice.

Here's the wife, she OCs occasionally, only with me of course.....she's still getting comfortable. Her worst fear is getting "in trouble" for OCing; still hasn't gotten rid of that irrational fear that she's doing something wrong:

Post imported post

Oops sorry guys, you're right, I need to get her some eye protection.

It's a cute and funny picture, I laugh every time I see it.

Post imported post

Hi all.

Well as is often the case, my husband got me into carrying. I used to get annoyed when he would do it, thinking he was just asking for trouble. (I was born and raised in NJ - I know,I know.) I grew up with different views than my husband who was from SE Ohio. I mean I was in the Army, I shot guns, I liked to go to the range and shoot on the weekends with friends. But, to me the thought of carrying on me at all times was kinda overkill.

But as he got me reading some of the defensive sites and i started paying attention to all the home invasions and store shootings I kinda understood why he felt the need to protect us. Than we moved to VA and he let me carry his SIG and I felt very confident about my safety and that of our small child. After I got my own CWP we went out and bought his and hers SIGs he's got a 229 and me a 239. I love it! He's turned me into a 'gun nut' as i used to call him. I mentioned it before to Lima, but we need to get a girl's day out. Get all the OC ladies to go out for lunch or something, bet that would cause a stir :P.

I see a lot of wife pictures. you guys need to get your wives chatting on the boards! I logged in oncewhen my husband wanted me to comment on a post and nowI check the board about 2 dozen times a day.