• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun carrying Ladies

exgabrit

imported post

I was thinking, there are women out there who carry sidearms, but most of the posts appear to be men. It would be interesting to hear from the ladies out there who carry and what they think about it.

Seif5034

imported post

i asked my gf about carrying last night and she is pro carry but she doesn't like OC for whatever reason. she says that when she turns 21 she'll probably get her CPL and keep one hidden

exgabrit

imported post

my wife back in october got her GFL. thought she needed it for carrying a gun in the car. in georgia a GFL is for carrying on you. she knows better of course :)
you know she still hasn't been to the range to fire it :-/ bad!

XD40coyote

imported post

here's 2 ladies carrying :lol:

ocgettysburg2.jpg

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

XD40coyote wrote:
here's 2 ladies carrying :lol:

ocgettysburg2.jpg
XD40 - what are your bracelets and necklace made from? At first glance when you posted the pic in your thread I thought it was spent cartridges, but now seeing it again here, I'm not so sure anymore (I'm sure it is more an issue of my screen resolution rather than my eyesight and age).

XD40coyote

imported post

Yes they are the brass casings, pictured are 9mm on one bracelet, .45 on the other, and the choker is also 9mm.

There is a woman named Tess also on this board who OC's, hopefully she can come to this thread to say her thing LOL

The OP asks what do us ladies think of carrying? For me, well that was my first time in public, andI found it liberating. For CC, I have yet to do that in public due to not having a carry lisc yet, I'll probably take a while to get used to it, but after that I may just be the same old me! Always cautious and looking around me, and a bit high strung. I will carry in PA where I do everything anyway, so don't bother to ask the old " but you live in MD and I know its hard to get a carry lisc there!". Yes, I know it's hard LOL!

Sheriff

imported post

My wife absolutely hates guns.... and snakes.

As soon as my daughter comes of age, I think she will carry. I will encourage it.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

To paraphrase BobCav

My name is Tess, and I'm an open carrier.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tess wrote:
To paraphrase BobCav

My name is Tess, and I'm an open carrier.

Which part are you paraphrasing? That he declares himself an open carrier?Or, that he calls himself Tess?:D

C'mon. Spill. Give us the dirt!

I might believe he calls himself, "Tessio"as in caporegime to Godfather Vito Corleone. Is that what you were paraphrasing? :)

bradco

imported post

This is just wrong in so many ways, but humorous, the Gun is almost big as her, oh by the way where are her eyes? Glasses?

compmanio365

imported post

Very nice. :D

Here's the wife, she OCs occasionally, only with me of course.....she's still getting comfortable. Her worst fear is getting "in trouble" for OCing; still hasn't gotten rid of that irrational fear that she's doing something wrong:

thx997303

imported post

Oops sorry guys, you're right, I need to get her some eye protection.

It's a cute and funny picture, I laugh every time I see it.