Thread: Hello Question New User

Post imported post

Hello,

I'm trying to clear up some debate between friends. Is it legal to transport a handgun in a locked case with ammunition inside the case. The ammunition is in the original case and closed. The firearm is place with slide open and clip out. No ammunition is place inside the clip. All is locked...

Thanks and hope this is clear...

Post imported post

edit - sorry, you said a locked case.... I would think this would be ok in Ohio in that specific case. I was having flashbacks - ignore previous post. ;-/

-ljp

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

willfly777 wrote:
    Hello,

I'm trying to clear up some debate between friends. Is it legal to transport a handgun in a locked case with ammunition inside the case. The ammunition is in the original case and closed. The firearm is place with slide open and clip out. No ammunition is place inside the clip. All is locked...

Thanks and hope this is clear...
    The rest of the story, that Most Valued menber Legba may not have made clear, is that the precise answer to your question depends on the jurisdiction, usually the State.

Post imported post

Whoop guess the state would help... Sorry I know new user... HA HA anyways this is the CA we are dealing with... Yes I live in CA, lame I know and its gun laws...!

Post imported post

My condolences... Yeah, consult the Cali Penal Code for specifics in that case. I wouldn't presume that anything reasonable with respect to firearms is legal there.

Sorry I wasn't clearer for the new guy (thank you for pointing this out, Doug). Welcome to the forum in any case.

-ljp