• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

UPDATE: docs posted online! Listen NOW online to a tape of Greg Rotz interview on Bob Durgan show

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

UPDATE: Dickson City docs on police campaign to get businesses to ban guns posted here: http://www.pafoa.org/forum/concealed-open-carry-121/24783-results-dickson-city-rtk-request-polling-local-business-firearms-policies.html

--

Spread the word and tune in online: http://www.lildobe.net/gallery2/v/PAFOA/DicksonCity/gnbrotz_on_Bob_Durgin.mp3.html- live from Harrisburg at 5PM on WHP 580 TalK radio

Topic will be: Dickson Dozen incident and Chief Stadinski's waffling on answering his Right to Know Actrequest!

IanB

imported post

Hmmm that's commuting time for me. If someone can record it and post a link I'd like to listen.

PavePusher

imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
Hmmm that's commuting time for me. If someone can record it and post a link I'd like to listen.
Semi-ditto, I'll be on shift at a government computer, no streaming or downloads. Bugger.

smartz

imported post

I live in MD and I have been following this story and the efforts by members of this board through the whole fight. I must say, Greg, you did an outstanding job! MD is a tough state for us gun owners to live in and since PA is our neighbor, I m hoping that at some point your, and everyone else's, efforts in PA will help those of us in MD to at least become a true Shall Issue state if nothing else. I often visit PA and I must say, I love exercising my right to open carry and to self defense. Keep up the great work and God Bless..........

IanB

imported post

Smartz,

If you want shall issue in your state you're gonna have to fight for it. Nothing anyone does in PA will convince MD lawmakers to change their ways. YOU must convince them or vote them out.

smartz

imported post

Believe me, I do! I have been to Annapolis numerous times and also mail letters on a monthly basis to all of the senators regarding the issue. It is costly but well worth it in my opinion! I am just hoping that as other states are able to show that carrying a firearm doesn't mean you will commit a crime or be more violent, but that it actually deters crime and saves lives! All the states surrounding MD have had huge reductions in their violent crime rates after becomeing shall issue states and that helps the fight here......