• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carrying at the huddle house

rmodel65

imported post

carried at a local huddle house, in a small rural community(millen) i was carrying concealed and was talking about my new gun. the assistant mgr overheard and stated it was their policy to not allow it(i was concealed and she never view the firearm) rough draft of a letter sent via email The mgr is just totally anti gun. Seem pretty decent??

Hello my name is Stephen I live in south Georgia and hold a permit from the State of Georgia to carry a firearm, Openly or Concealed. In Georgia a handgun licensee must pass Federal and State back ground checks, have no drug convictions and be of good moral character. Carrying of the firearm is legal in any restaurant, that doesn't currently serve alcohol(July 1st carry will be legal in all restaurants including ones that serve alcohol) Only licensees are permitted to carry a firearm on their person. I was writing in regards to the Huddle House corporate policy toward this matter. I frequent a Huddle House in the small town of Millen Ga. very frequently along with my father and a large amount of his friends and I also frequent in my home town and while traveling. This is a very rural area not uncommon to see citizens carrying a weapon at all. Last week I was carrying Concealed and someone started a conversation about my newly purchased gun, while dining in the store, the assistant manager never viewed the Concealed firearm, but said it was not allowed. The next day she fussed profusely at my father about my legal carrying of a firearm. I prefer to frequent an establish that respects my Constitutional rights to LEGALLY carry a firearm in accordance with the law. If I'm not allowed to carry in accordance with the law I try to steer clear, in the interest of my Safety to be Secure of possessions in and about my person and others esp. when frequenting a location on or near an interstate highway. I wholeheartedly hope that the Huddle House is Patriotic and Truly American in its policies of legally carrying a firearm. I respect the property rights of Huddle House, and will adjust my purchases accordingly.

Thanks Stephen B.

rmodel65

imported post

reply from the corporate:

Dear Stephen B.,

Thank you very much for your email.

Huddle House, Inc. (“HHI”) respects the rights of law abiding citizens to carry firearms and the rights of restaurant owners to make decisions for themselves and for both sides to act in accordance with the law. HHI is a franchisor of restaurants. We operate approximately 16 company units and the remaining 430+ restaurants are operated by independently licensed franchisees. We have forwarded your email to the franchisee of the Millen GA restaurant for his consideration.

You are correct in pointing out that it is not illegal for a permit holder to carry a weapon in a restaurant (and soon, an establishment that serves alcohol). At our corporate restaurants, we welcome all law abiding customers to dine with us, including those with permits to carry registered firearms. We do not, however, make these decisions for our independent franchisees. As business owners, we trust them to make the decisions with which they feel comfortable.

Thank you again for your thoughtful and reasoned email. We appreciate your valuable feedback and we sincerely hope that you will continue to dine with us!

Claudia K. Levitas
Senior Vice President &General Counsel
Huddle House, Inc.

rmodel65

imported post

and reply from the one of the owners:

Stephen:

I received a copy of your correspondence to Huddle House, Inc. since we are the Franchisee at the Millen, GA location. If you would contact me with the time and date of this conversation with your father, I will personally visit with those involved to make sure this issue is not an issue again.

Thank you for your time,

CHad Holton, NRA Life Member for over 20 years

Malum Prohibitum

imported post

rmodel65 wrote:
and reply from the one of the owners:

Stephen:

I received a copy of your correspondence to Huddle House, Inc. since we are the Franchisee at the Millen, GA location. If you would contact me with the time and date of this conversation with your father, I will personally visit with those involved to make sure this issue is not an issue again.

Thank you for your time,

CHad Holton, NRA Life Member for over 20 years

Normally, I discourage people from contacting and asking, but yours was a different situation, since an assistant manager approached you, and you wanted to clarify whether such was the policy.

Great result.

:celebrate

Please take the time to thank both of them for responding. Let them know you have been eating there X number of years, and that you will be spending more money there in the future, since they respect your civil rights.

rmodel65

imported post

Malum Prohibitum wrote:
So, did you contact him? How did it go?

im welcome at any time as long as the weapon is kept holstered etc.

he carries and fine in my doing so, and was gonna correct the problem with management