• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

tasers

carhas0

imported post

Like sv_lib said, Tasers, or electronic stun guns, are not preempted like firearms so local jurisdictions can impose restrictions. Bellingham is one such example and prohibits carrying them in city limits.

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

Semper Paratus wrote:
I bought my wife a taser for protection. She is working up to use of a side arm. any one know of restrictions of Carry or use?
I have to start every reply with 'personal opinion' from now on.

Personal opinion: Get her some formal taser training.

expvideo

imported post

tasers are not preempted by state law like firearms are. Check your city's municipal codeand those of any cities that you go to. If you go to your city's webpage, it should havea link to their municipal code, or you can just google "(city name) municipal code".

It's easier to be legal carrying a gun, because the state preempts all gun laws. A 38 snub nose will take up about as much space as a taser and you can get them for less than $300.

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

expvideo wrote:
tasers are not preempted by state law like firearms are. Check your city's municipal codeand those of any cities that you go to. If you go to your city's webpage, it should havea link to their municipal code, or you can just google "(city name) municipal code".

It's easier to be legal carrying a gun, because the state preempts all gun laws. A 38 snub nose will take up about as much space as a taser and you can get them for less than $300.

+1 on that.

Personal opinion: A nice little Taurus J-frame .38wouldworkwell.

dlnwoody

imported post

My wife HATED guns for the longest time. I bought her a .22 pistol and she was fine with that for a few months. I get back from the desert and she wanted a new gun so I bought her an XD9 and she loves it. She likes shooting that more than the .22.

John Hardin

imported post

dlnwoody wrote:
My wife HATED guns for the longest time. I bought her a .22 pistol and she was fine with that for a few months. I get back from the desert and she wanted a new gun so I bought her an XD9 and she loves it. She likes shooting that more than the .22.
Dispelling ignorance one new shooter at a time... :)