• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is this where we are headed?

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Mainsail wrote:
asforme wrote:
All I see is a white box. Is it about a white box?
Oh, I thought your firewall was blocking the blog linked to, apparently it's blocking youtube. I embedded the youtube video in the thread. Anyway, it's people protesting their rights eroding away in England. First handguns, now a proposed ban on fox hunting. Police are outgunned by criminals and people are afriad for their lives. Some guy is in jail for life for shooting two burgerlars who entered his home. Just stuff to make you be thankful that even though it is ignored by many, we still have a 2nd Amendment.

Edit: heres the direct youtube link, it really is a good video if you can get around your firewall: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGVAQOUi6ec

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

just posted that over on a liberal site where someone was talking about how few people in the rest of the world own guns, or seem "obsessed" with guns...

Bear 45/70

imported post

The jest of it is the Brits are getting tired oftheir Government striping them of the rights to defend themselves and to do the things the want to do. They also feel the the Government is supportting criminals rights and destroying honest citizens rights and had a big protest over it.

just_a_car

imported post

Mainsail, it's a YouTube video. Many workplaces block YouTube.com due to abuse at work, so it's not always the best thing to try to post for everyone without some sort of text. :?

Mainsail

imported post

Oh no, youtube or liveleak does not get through.

From the summary it sounds like their idea of a gun free utopia has not been realized. It was naive to believe it would. They tried and failed; now they need to write it back into their bill of rights so the next batch of idiots cannot take their rights so easily.

Bobarino

imported post

and its only getting worse.....

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,359881,00.html

LONDON— Britain's government has begun a campaign of graphic Internet advertisements aimed at warning young people about the dangers of carrying a knife.
The ads were designed with input from teenagers and include graphic images of real stab wounds. They will be distributed through social networking sites and mobile phones. A parallel radio campaign features young people talking about the emotional impact of knife killings.
The government said Thursday it plans to spend a total of $6 million on the campaign over the next three years.
Fifteen teenagers have been murdered in London so far this year, 11 of them stabbed to death. The deaths have raised fears that knife crime is on the rise.
/**/

CC27

imported post

Sorry, I'm a stay at home dad so I'm not up on problems with work computers. I will post a summary with links from now on. Thank you asforme for summarizing.

gsx1138

imported post

I've only watched these videos once. I damn near cried at the British video. I feel so sorry for those folks over there. This is what happens when you think the government knows what's best for you. It's also what happens when apathy takes hold. Before you know it you're not only a victim to criminals but your own government as well.