• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ND story from another board.

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

"HOLY paragraph!" was also a comment someone made, but read this story...

Boarder36045

http://getoffthex.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/998104881/m/9541065144

Complacency

This morning at 6am I heard a noise in my house so I got up, grabbed my firearm that lays on the bedside table next to me while I sleep, and cleared the house. After finding that it was indeed my paranoia I laid back down with my gun in my hand for a minute. BANG! Now I’m awake again thinking “What the hell? That didn’t happen. Not to me. That’s a rookie move.” I smelled the gun powder. It happened. Find the bullet! Do I need to call an ambulance? The police? My fiancé? (Who normally is laying in bed next to me sleeping peacefully but is away on a retreat with work) I find the black mark in the mattress where her head usually is and my heart sinks. I essentially killed my fiancé. But she was gone, this happened on the one night we’ve spent apart since our third date. I stick my finger in the hole to see where the bullet went. Next I find the exit hole. It came out the corner of the mattress and out the bottom. It fragmented, next thoughts being hopefully that means it didn’t penetrate walls. I am so scared I shot a neighbor, I really like my neighbors. (I live in a townhouse, my wall is their wall) I find a hole in the wall and a skip mark on the wall. What I am approximating to be 60-70% of the bullet hit the wall at enough of an angle it had a lot of stud to go through and didn’t go through. I didn’t kill my neighbors. Now I need to figure out what went wrong. Many (maybe all) of you are scolding me for the multitude of things I’ve done wrong, I know I would be. There are far to many for me to list, but lets start. Sleeping with my gun next to me not in a holster, or a lock box, or anything. Just laying there. Some large percentage of home invasions where people have weapons next to them in bed are used against them. But hey, I’m very experienced with guns, very alert, I’m different, it won’t happen to me. Next, my method for clearing the house was garbage. I know how, I spent 5 years in the Infantry clearing buildings. This is my place though, I have home court advantage, I’ll just look around haphazardly with my gun in my hand (I’m indexed though, everything is fine) The house is clear so I lay down with my gun in my hand, I’ll just lay here a minute and then get up for my day. I nodded off and had a dream that you could shoot suction cup darts at the television to win prizes from Fox. That’s when it happened. I had a ******* dream that (if it wasn’t for a RARE occurrence) would have killed my fiancé. It’s not my fault though, it was a freak occurrence. PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOU ASS, IT WAS YOUR FAULT! Complacency. It’s my fault. Solely my fault. I would love to blame someone else. I wasn’t trained well enough, it’s not my fault. I have PTSD and now have weird dreams that cause me to sleep walk and act out other things in my sleep, it’s not my fault. There’s no safety on the gun, it’s not my fault. Well as it turns out, it’s all my fault because I’ve become complacent. I shouldn’t have had my gun laying next to me. I should have cleared the house properly. I should have followed the 4 rules for safe gun handling. I shouldn’t have laid down with my gun in my hand because I’ve handled them so much things like that won’t happen to me. I’ve been teaching my fiancé to shoot, and I’ve been teaching her about the 4 rules. Am I qualified to teach her? Sure doesn’t seem like it. I’ve taught a lot of people to shoot and about safe gun handling. She corrects me all the time when I’m not following a rule. I guess I’m a pretty good teacher because this wouldn’t happen to her. This is an excellent lesson for me, for her, for everyone. That’s why I’m biting the bullet, so to speak, and telling everyone. This is really embarrassing. I can’t believe this happened. Now I have to decide if I’m fit to carry a gun. Am I fit to sleep near one? To carry one? To even have one in the house? I might have a gun for sale soon. I’ve seen James Yeagers videos, when he clears his weapon for cleaning he says to use the opportunity for training. Point it in a safe direction and practice trigger squeeze. It’s safe to say he’s got a little more gun handling experience than I do and he does that. Why don’t I? I’m lazy. Not anymore. This was as big a wake up call as I could get with out hurting anyone, or the one I love more than anything in the world. Don’t forget, that hole is right where her head usually is. I hope this helps wake some of you up. Learn from my mistakes instead of having to learn from your own. I hate learning from my mistakes, I prefer to learn from other peoples mistakes. Take this opportunity to do that.

Edited to add,

I'm very ashamed of myself, to say the least.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

It could have happened but from the way it reads at the end I kept expecting the edit to read:

If you care about your friends, forward this to at least 5 firearm owning friends or the firearm fairy will swap out all of your pistols for HiPoints while you sleep.

It could just be the person's writing style.

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
It could have happened but from the way it reads at the end I kept expecting the edit to read:

If you care about your friends, forward this to at least 5 firearm owning friends or the firearm fairy will swap out all of your pistols for HiPoints while you sleep.

It could just be the person's writing style.

ROFL!

I'm just glad it didn't happen to me...

Pointman

imported post

Get Off The X sounded like something from James Yeager, and sure enough, after signing up with Groupee I found him, complete with signature under his name and signature under his post.

Name Sig:
James Yeager
There are people who want to kill me. I am comforted by the fact that the the list of people who will avenge my death is longer.

PostSig:
James Yeager CEO: 731-336-4602
JamesYeager@TacticalResponse.com
TRAINING:
http://www.TacticalResponse.com 877-7LETHAL
GEAR:
http://www.TacticalResponseGear.com 866-TAC-GEAR

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals train until they can’t get it wrong.

----
From their home page:
You have no "rights" here.
This is a commercially operated website. You have no freedom of speech here nor any other Constitutionally protected rights. You are our guest as long as we allow it. We do not charge for the use of this board and we will suspend you at will. You may not conduct business on this board openly or privately without permission.

hereinohio

imported post

Unless you have trained with Yeager, which I have, you should not embarrass yourself by trying to have an opinion. If you knew James - you would understand what you read on the forum.

Until then - you really have zero idea of what you are talking about.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

hereinohio wrote:
Unless you have trained with Yeager, which I have, you should not embarrass yourself by trying to have an opinion. If you knew James - you would understand what you read on the forum.

Nice first post. Warm and inviting...

I can do far worse damage to greater number of people with just my pen and I trained under Ms. Jean Paterson, 7th grade English teacher, Jefferson School, Lyndhurst, NJ. If you trained underMs. Patterson, you'd understand what I'm saying right now.

Big whoopie-doo.

Pointman

imported post

This was too funny to not share.

I found Yeager's Corner, where his latest thread is "I want info on Hormone Replacement Therapy," but what I found more interesting was "Yeagerisms" (started by James Yeager), where he asks people for their favorite sayings of his. Almost all of them contain "the f-bomb." Page one contains (I put dashes or stars in the cuss words):

"Profanity is the crutch of inarticulate mother f---ers."

"No I won't hump you in the a** WETSU. You are a gay homosexual." (Does that make them straight?)

-- immediately followed by --

"I know it burns at first. Just relax."

"You are f---ed up like a football bat..."

Quoted on by BiGGie Nick: "i remember him telling me to 'Keep shooting the f---er till you run out, then reload and shoot the f---er some more while MOVING, F---!'"

Flintlock

imported post

hereinohio wrote:

Welcome to the forum. :quirky

tarzan1888

imported post

Flintlock wrote:
hereinohio wrote:

Welcome to the forum. :quirky

Yea +1.....I think:shock:

Tarzan