Post imported post

2. VCDL membership meeting in Richmond on the 29th

Reminder: Richmond VCDL membership meeting set for Thursday, May
    29th, at 7:00 PM, ending at 8:30 PM.

Executive member Leonard Harris has arranged for VCDL to have the use
    of a meeting room at the lavish Tuckahoe Area Library in Henrico
    County (only the best for you guys!).

This is the same location where we have held the several Richmond
    meetings. Fellowship will start at 6:30 PM.

The meeting is open to the public, so bring along family and friends!

The address is:

Tuckahoe Area Library
    1901 Starling Drive
    Richmond VA 23229
    Ph: (804) 270-9578

After the meeting we will adjourn to a local restaurant for continued
    fellowship.

The restaurant does serve alcohol, so open carry will be required for
    those who chose to carry there.

Post imported post

Good to meet you all.
    "These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."
    Ceasefire NJ Director Brian Miller, NJ.com, August 20, 2009

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

Very nice to meet everyone tonight, good times and good conversation.

You'll laugh but as I was a block from home, I drove right into a drivers license/checkpoint. The officer looked at the company signs on my truck and asked about my business while he checked my paperwork. He was a little unfamilar with how interested the public is in carry permits. It was a brief but educational moment to school him. He checked my license and registration and was totally disinterested in my gun.

Jim
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Centurion

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:

You'll laugh but as I was a block from home, I drove right into a drivers license/checkpoint. The officer looked at the company signs on my truck and asked about my business while he checked my paperwork. He was a little unfamilar with how interested the public is in carry permits. It was a brief but educational moment to school him. He checked my license and registration and was totally disinterested in my gun.

Jim
    Was that on Parham road or on Broad?

Post imported post

It's easy (and sometimes even productive) to gripe, but the last checkpoint I encountered (in Powhatan, about a year ago) was extremely uneventful - I had a .357 laying on the front seat and the officer didn't say a word about it. Gotta love Virginia!

Post imported post

VCDL President wrote:
    ProShooter wrote:

Jim
    Was that on Parham road or on Broad?

It was actually on Three Chopt by Horsepen.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Glock Certified Armorer

Post imported post

The 29th meeting in Richmond was the first I attended, both for me and a lady friend of mine (who plans to be a member shortly!).
    I was very impressed both the VCDL meeting, but specifically with the membership I had a chance spend little time with. One of the highlights of the meeting for me was Philip analogy of the relationship of government to us.

...andthe after meeting dinner was great. Anyone thinking of attending a meeting for the first time I have to say don’t miss the chance to socialize after! It was my first meeting, but will not be my last.

I am proud to be a new member of the VCDL in Virginia Beach... I love my adopted home of Va. even more.

William
    "Don’t tread on me"

Centurion

Post imported post

DonTreadOnMe wrote:
    The 29th meeting in Richmond was the first I attended, both for me and a lady friend of mine (who plans to be a member shortly!).
    I was very impressed both the VCDL meeting, but specifically with the membership I had a chance spend little time with. One of the highlights of the meeting for me was Philip analogy of the relationship of government to us.

...andthe after meeting dinner was great. Anyone thinking of attending a meeting for the first time I have to say don’t miss the chance to socialize after! It was my first meeting, but will not be my last.

I am proud to be a new member of the VCDL in Virginia Beach... I love my adopted home of Va. even more.

William
    "Don’t tread on me"
    It was nice meeting both of you last night. You drove a long way and stayed for the dinner to boot!

We have a pretty active membership down your way - many executive members, like Ron and Jean Hyson, Ron Lilly, as well as TWO of the seven VCDL Board of Directors members - John Fenter and Dennis O'Connor.

Post imported post

Last night was my very first VCDL meeting, and I must say I was very impressed. I found the meeting to be very informative and educational, since I am just now starting to learn about gun rights and laws. I first learned about the VCDL at a gun show in Virginia Beach about a month ago. I just started my own company in March, and part of my service is picking up and delivering client information. This made William and I start discussing personal saftey. The more I learn the more I become interested in what the VCDL is doing.

I am also interested in learning more about self defense training with and without a firearm. I think it is very important for women to know how to defend them selves. I think this become even more important when a fire arm is involved. What good will a gun do you it you can't prevent someone from disarming you, if you find your self in a close quarters situation. I think education and training is very important, and I feel that it is every gun owners responsibility to make sure that have adequate training.

I am working on getting my conceal carry permitt. I will be taking a class for the permitt soon. I do not yet own a firearm, since I wanted to take a safety class and research what type of firearm I would be interested in for concealed or open carry. There is a local gun shop with a shooting range that allows you to rent firearms. This will give me an opportunity to make this decission by trying out different guns and ammo. Of course I am open to suggestions.

Coreena

Post imported post

It was very nice meeting all of you. Hopefully, I'll be able to post a short article about the meeting at United Conservatives of Virginia, but, I'm travelling to Maryland tonight. Proshooter, did you give out a couple of business cards along with you liscence?

Hope to see all of you again soon.

Post imported post

CoreSolutions wrote:
    Last night was my very first VCDL meeting, and I must say I was very impressed. I found the meeting to be very informative and educational, since I am just now starting to learn about gun rights and laws. I first learned about the VCDL at a gun show in Virginia Beach about a month ago. I just started my own company in March, and part of my service is picking up and delivering client information. This made William and I start discussing personal saftey. The more I learn the more I become interested in what the VCDL is doing.

I am also interested in learning more about self defense training with and without a firearm. I think it is very important for women to know how to defend them selves. I think this become even more important when a fire arm is involved. What good will a gun do you it you can't prevent someone from disarming you, if you find your self in a close quarters situation. I think education and training is very important, and I feel that it is every gun owners responsibility to make sure that have adequate training.

I am working on getting my conceal carry permitt. I will be taking a class for the permitt soon. I do not yet own a firearm, since I wanted to take a safety class and research what type of firearm I would be interested in for concealed or open carry. There is a local gun shop with a shooting range that allows you to rent firearms. This will give me an opportunity to make this decission by trying out different guns and ammo. Of course I am open to suggestions.

Coreena
    Coreena,

Please check our website and see the classes that we have to offer. I think that you will find them useful in your firearms training.

Jim

www.ProactiveShooters.com

James Reynolds

Glock Certified Armorer

Post imported post

Cargosquid wrote:
    It was very nice meeting all of you. Hopefully, I'll be able to post a short article about the meeting at United Conservatives of Virginia, but, I'm travelling to Maryland tonight. Proshooter, did you give out a couple of business cards along with you liscence?

Hope to see all of you again soon.

haha! I offered him a business card but he wasnt very interested....too bad actually as most cop's spouses could benefit from a firearms safety class.

Jim
    James Reynolds

Glock Certified Armorer