• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

richmond vcdl meeting tonight may 29

67GT390FB

imported post

2. VCDL membership meeting in Richmond on the 29th

Reminder: Richmond VCDL membership meeting set for Thursday, May
29th, at 7:00 PM, ending at 8:30 PM.

Executive member Leonard Harris has arranged for VCDL to have the use
of a meeting room at the lavish Tuckahoe Area Library in Henrico
County (only the best for you guys!).

This is the same location where we have held the several Richmond
meetings. Fellowship will start at 6:30 PM.

The meeting is open to the public, so bring along family and friends!

The address is:

Tuckahoe Area Library
1901 Starling Drive
Richmond VA 23229
Ph: (804) 270-9578

After the meeting we will adjourn to a local restaurant for continued
fellowship.

The restaurant does serve alcohol, so open carry will be required for
those who chose to carry there.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

Very nice to meet everyone tonight, good times and good conversation.

You'll laugh but as I was a block from home, I drove right into a drivers license/checkpoint. The officer looked at the company signs on my truck and asked about my business while he checked my paperwork. He was a little unfamilar with how interested the public is in carry permits. It was a brief but educational moment to school him. He checked my license and registration and was totally disinterested in my gun.

Jim

VCDL President

Centurion
imported post

ProShooter wrote:

You'll laugh but as I was a block from home, I drove right into a drivers license/checkpoint. The officer looked at the company signs on my truck and asked about my business while he checked my paperwork. He was a little unfamilar with how interested the public is in carry permits. It was a brief but educational moment to school him. He checked my license and registration and was totally disinterested in my gun.

Jim
Was that on Parham road or on Broad?

SicSemperTyrannis

imported post

It's easy (and sometimes even productive) to gripe, but the last checkpoint I encountered (in Powhatan, about a year ago) was extremely uneventful - I had a .357 laying on the front seat and the officer didn't say a word about it. Gotta love Virginia!

ProShooter

imported post

VCDL President wrote:
ProShooter wrote:

Jim
Was that on Parham road or on Broad?

It was actually on Three Chopt by Horsepen.

DonTreadOnMe

imported post

The 29th meeting in Richmond was the first I attended, both for me and a lady friend of mine (who plans to be a member shortly!).
I was very impressed both the VCDL meeting, but specifically with the membership I had a chance spend little time with. One of the highlights of the meeting for me was Philip analogy of the relationship of government to us.

...andthe after meeting dinner was great. Anyone thinking of attending a meeting for the first time I have to say don’t miss the chance to socialize after! It was my first meeting, but will not be my last.

I am proud to be a new member of the VCDL in Virginia Beach... I love my adopted home of Va. even more.

William
"Don’t tread on me"

VCDL President

Centurion
imported post

DonTreadOnMe wrote:
The 29th meeting in Richmond was the first I attended, both for me and a lady friend of mine (who plans to be a member shortly!).
I was very impressed both the VCDL meeting, but specifically with the membership I had a chance spend little time with. One of the highlights of the meeting for me was Philip analogy of the relationship of government to us.

...andthe after meeting dinner was great. Anyone thinking of attending a meeting for the first time I have to say don’t miss the chance to socialize after! It was my first meeting, but will not be my last.

I am proud to be a new member of the VCDL in Virginia Beach... I love my adopted home of Va. even more.

William
"Don’t tread on me"
It was nice meeting both of you last night. You drove a long way and stayed for the dinner to boot!

We have a pretty active membership down your way - many executive members, like Ron and Jean Hyson, Ron Lilly, as well as TWO of the seven VCDL Board of Directors members - John Fenter and Dennis O'Connor.

CoreSolutions

imported post

Last night was my very first VCDL meeting, and I must say I was very impressed. I found the meeting to be very informative and educational, since I am just now starting to learn about gun rights and laws. I first learned about the VCDL at a gun show in Virginia Beach about a month ago. I just started my own company in March, and part of my service is picking up and delivering client information. This made William and I start discussing personal saftey. The more I learn the more I become interested in what the VCDL is doing.

I am also interested in learning more about self defense training with and without a firearm. I think it is very important for women to know how to defend them selves. I think this become even more important when a fire arm is involved. What good will a gun do you it you can't prevent someone from disarming you, if you find your self in a close quarters situation. I think education and training is very important, and I feel that it is every gun owners responsibility to make sure that have adequate training.

I am working on getting my conceal carry permitt. I will be taking a class for the permitt soon. I do not yet own a firearm, since I wanted to take a safety class and research what type of firearm I would be interested in for concealed or open carry. There is a local gun shop with a shooting range that allows you to rent firearms. This will give me an opportunity to make this decission by trying out different guns and ammo. Of course I am open to suggestions.

Coreena

Cargosquid

imported post

It was very nice meeting all of you. Hopefully, I'll be able to post a short article about the meeting at United Conservatives of Virginia, but, I'm travelling to Maryland tonight. Proshooter, did you give out a couple of business cards along with you liscence?

Hope to see all of you again soon.

ProShooter

imported post

CoreSolutions wrote:
Last night was my very first VCDL meeting, and I must say I was very impressed. I found the meeting to be very informative and educational, since I am just now starting to learn about gun rights and laws. I first learned about the VCDL at a gun show in Virginia Beach about a month ago. I just started my own company in March, and part of my service is picking up and delivering client information. This made William and I start discussing personal saftey. The more I learn the more I become interested in what the VCDL is doing.

I am also interested in learning more about self defense training with and without a firearm. I think it is very important for women to know how to defend them selves. I think this become even more important when a fire arm is involved. What good will a gun do you it you can't prevent someone from disarming you, if you find your self in a close quarters situation. I think education and training is very important, and I feel that it is every gun owners responsibility to make sure that have adequate training.

I am working on getting my conceal carry permitt. I will be taking a class for the permitt soon. I do not yet own a firearm, since I wanted to take a safety class and research what type of firearm I would be interested in for concealed or open carry. There is a local gun shop with a shooting range that allows you to rent firearms. This will give me an opportunity to make this decission by trying out different guns and ammo. Of course I am open to suggestions.

Coreena

Coreena,

Please check our website and see the classes that we have to offer. I think that you will find them useful in your firearms training.

Jim

www.ProactiveShooters.com

ProShooter

imported post

Cargosquid wrote:
It was very nice meeting all of you. Hopefully, I'll be able to post a short article about the meeting at United Conservatives of Virginia, but, I'm travelling to Maryland tonight. Proshooter, did you give out a couple of business cards along with you liscence?

Hope to see all of you again soon.

haha! I offered him a business card but he wasnt very interested....too bad actually as most cop's spouses could benefit from a firearms safety class.

Jim