• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Trying to get info

kking9mm

imported post

I am new to this forum. I live in King & Queen County, VA and work in Williamsburg, VA. I am trying to find out where the closest place for me to get involved is :question:. I am a member of the NRA and possess a CWP for the State of Virginia :). I carry concealed every day and OC every now and then. I just happened to come across this site and after looking around here for about 45 minutes I would like to get more involved . Any information would be greatly apprectiated. Thanks in advance.

Glock27Bill

imported post

+1 on VCDL.

You will:

Attend meetings;

Be involved in letter and email campaigns;

Lobby legislatures in person;

Supportwronged gun owners at Town Council meetings;

Man our booth at gun shows;

Help identify and remove legacy no guns signs and misapplied legacy laws;

A bunch of other 'hands-on' activist stuff that support our rights.

casullshooter

imported post

From King & Queen County it may be easier for you to attend the occasional VCDL meetings in Richmond or Tidewater. Either way join VCDL and sign up for the VA-Alert e-mail info. as you will find it quite helpful as a source of legislative and political news concerning gun rights.

VCDLVCDLVCDLVCDLVCDLVCDLVCDL:idea:

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Join VCDL (www.vcdl.org). Then sign up for the picnic. You'll probably meet lots of folks there.

http://www2.vcdl.org/cgi-bin/wspd_cgi.sh/vcdl/vadetail.html?RECID=1548867&FILTER=
Mark your calendars! This year's VCDL picnic will be in Newport News!

We have booked Riverview Farm Park on Saturday, June 21 from 10:30 AM to 2:30 PM.

Delegate Brenda Pogge, who carried HB 529 for VCDL to fruition this
year, will be one of our guest speakers.

The park, which belongs to the City of Newport News, is supposed to be beautiful. We actually have it booked all day for those who might want to hang around after the picnic.

Here is a link to information about the park:

http://www.nnparks.com/parks_riverview.php

The shelter will hold 100 people. I hope our members and friends from
central and southeast Virginia will come out, fill up that pavilion, and make the picnic a success! (Of course, you are welcome no matter what part of Virginia you live in.)

Invite your friends, family, and coworkers!

There is nothing to bring and there is no cost. We do ask that you let us know if you are coming so we know how much food to buy.

To RSVP, send an email with your name and the number of guests coming with you to:

picnics@vcdl.org

If you can help with the picnic (cooking, setting up/tearing down,
etc.) include that information in your email.

We worked our tails off this last year, so it's time for some fun and
downtime! See you in June.

kking9mm

imported post

Thanks to everyone who responded with answers on how to get involved. I am now also a member of the VCDL:celebrate. I look forward to being a part of this great group of people. Have a great weekend and happy carrying.

Bubba Ron

imported post

Welcome to OCDO and VCDL !!!

As bayboy42 pointed out, keep an eye on the Tidewater and Richmond OC Dining out threads, we try to do a least two a month in the Tidewater area - looks like the next one will be Southside. We try to alternate between the Peninsula and Southside - lots more opportunity for great food!!!

ODA 226

imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
Welcome to OCDO and VCDL !!!

As bayboy42 pointed out, keep an eye on the Tidewater and Richmond OC Dining out threads, we try to do a least two a month in the Tidewater area - looks like the next one will be Southside. We try to alternate between the Peninsula and Southside - lots more opportunity for great food!!!
And BubbaRon LOVES TO EAT! He eat a whole pig during our last dine out!

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
And BubbaRon LOVES TO EAT! He eat a whole pig during our last dine out!
Hell, Bubba even took some of MY pig when I couldn't finish it all !:shock:

But don't let that worry you. Just bring your appetite and have a good time. The picnic also should be a lot of fun.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Tess wrote:
Join VCDL (http://www.vcdl.org). Then sign up for the picnic. You'll probably meet lots of folks there.

http://www2.vcdl.org/cgi-bin/wspd_cgi.sh/vcdl/vadetail.html?RECID=1548867&FILTER=
Mark your calendars! This year's VCDL picnic will be in Newport News!

We have booked Riverview Farm Park on Saturday, June 21 from 10:30 AM to 2:30 PM.

Delegate Brenda Pogge, who carried HB 529 for VCDL to fruition this
year, will be one of our guest speakers.

The park, which belongs to the City of Newport News, is supposed to be beautiful. We actually have it booked all day for those who might want to hang around after the picnic.

Here is a link to information about the park:

http://www.nnparks.com/parks_riverview.php

The shelter will hold 100 people. I hope our members and friends from
central and southeast Virginia will come out, fill up that pavilion, and make the picnic a success! (Of course, you are welcome no matter what part of Virginia you live in.)

Invite your friends, family, and coworkers!

There is nothing to bring and there is no cost. We do ask that you let us know if you are coming so we know how much food to buy.

To RSVP, send an email with your name and the number of guests coming with you to:

picnics@vcdl.org

If you can help with the picnic (cooking, setting up/tearing down,
etc.) include that information in your email.

We worked our tails off this last year, so it's time for some fun and
downtime! See you in June.
For those of you using a GPS to get to the picnic, the address is
105 City Farm Road Newport News,
the intersection address at Young Rd. will not work (did not for me).

Come one, come all!

Yata hey