• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Winnebago County Illinois Considering CC Resolution

junglebob

imported post

The Winnebago County board is considering a resolution to authorize the sheriff to issue concealed carry permits for Winnebago County. There seems to be good support 15 of 28 board members have indicated support. There is a Sub-Committee meeting on June 10 at 5:30 at Memorial Hall (211 N. Main St. Rockford Illinois). They are going to open it up to discussion for 1/2 hour after every meeting (which will be every other tuesday at 5:30 at Memorial Hall.

Here is an opportunity for someone good at public speaking on the right to self defense help turn a "right denied" state around.

WhiteRabbit22

imported post

This would also be great for the rest of the state. Maybe they will see how gun control only helps crime, and change their ways. Or maybe the Supreme court will get to it first.

junglebob

imported post

One of the Winnebago county board members is asking for people to go to his website guestbook at www.fredwescott.com and to write letters in support of the concealed carry resolution.

This is a chance for people outside Winnebago county, or even Illinois to write a letter in support of the resolution. You can read letters submitted on the website, your letter probably won't be posted immediately, mine wasn't, but soon.

This could be the start of right to carry legislation in Illinois and eventually open carry legislation, besides open carry for just rural unincorporated areas.

junglebob

imported post

Fred Wescott, has gotten a lot of email letters in favor of the concealed carry resolution. I sent mine even though I don't live in Winnebago county. Did you send yours? It doesn't ask for an address so everyone should send a letter of support, do your part to get carry started in Illinois. He will be bringing the letters to the county board meeting to show the support the resolution has.

Go to his guest book at www.fredwescott.com

junglebob

imported post

There was a Winnebago County Board meeting last night about 175 people attended. About 40 people spoke in reference to the CC resolution, only 2 opposed. Even the sheriff spoke in favor of it, and received a standing O. The county expects that when they start issuing permits the state may possibly sue.

Two more board members have come on board saying they will vote in support.

A lawyer has be arranged in event of a lawsuit. In board member Fred Wescotts words " Bring 'Em On"

The vote on the resolution may still be a month or so away.

lockman

State Researcher
imported post

The support seems to be growing. It appears they have the votes presently to get the proposal before the full board. I can't wait for this one.:celebrate

lockman

State Researcher
imported post

The county board subcommittee is debating removing the statutory restrictions on where a permit holder may carry and leave it up to all local and private entities to decide for their own to allow carry or not.

Of a 28 member board the proposal may get the support of around 23 or 24 members.:celebrate

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

That would be simply awesome!! I would like to see all 82 counties that have passed the 2A resolution pass county CC or even better, county CC and OC. Open revolt from 80%+ of IL counties would make a loud statement to Chicago, especially when Chicago and East St. Louis become islands of crime and insanity ... well, even more than they are now.

bobcat

imported post

Wow! This is great! Never thought I'd see the day they would do that. (Once upon a time, I spent many years conducting business there) Just shows what persistance can do.

Could be the only way to turn Illinois is to go county by county with permits. Wouldn't it be great to live in one of those counties and have reciprocity with other like minded counties in Illinois AND other states?! Imagine if this worked for all the counties that have passed resolutions! WOW! So what, let Madison, Cook, Champaign and the few other counties waller in crime with gun free zones.

Way to go folks!